It can be the 10 sad movie songs of the 90's that leave us with the strongest movie memories. When you watch a famous movie from the 90's, try to imagine that movie without its music. Then try to imagine the saddest movies of the 90's without the 10 sad movie songs of the 90's.
- "My Heart Will Go On" (1997) – From the movie "Titanic" (1997). This is one of the more famous of the 10 sad movie songs of the 90's because it stayed at the top of the music charts for weeks. Celine Dion gives an excellent performance in this emotional movie song.
- "I Will Always Love You" (1973) – From the movie "The Bodyguard" (1992). When Dolly Parton first wrote and released this song in 1973, it became a country hit for her. Whitney Houston re-recorded this song for her part in the movie "The Bodyguard" (1992) and it went on to be a hit for the second time.
- "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" (1991) – From the movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" (1991). The movie itself did not meet the popular success that this Bryan Adams song did. This song had staying power as a part of pop culture all through the 90's and was a chart topper for much of the year it was released.
- "Iris" (1998) – From the movie "City of Angels" (1998). This is the song that broke the Goo Goo Dolls into super-stardom. It belongs on the list of top 10 sad movie songs of the 90's because of its ability to remain popular long after the movie was forgotten.
- "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (1993) – From the movie "The Lion King" (1993). It was strange to hear that Elton John was recording music for a Disney movie. but this song showed that Elton John had what it took to write sad songs for movies. This became a Disney classic movie song and takes its place as one of the top 10 sad movie songs of the 90's.
- "Tears in Heaven" (1992) – From the movie "Rush" (1992). Legendary guitarist Eric Clapton wrote this song about his son who had just passed away in a tragic accident. The producers of the movie "Rush" (1992) liked it so much they included it in the movie.
- "Kiss From A Rose" (1995) – From the movie "Batman Forever" (1995). At a point in time when the "Batman" movies were becoming unwatchable comes one of the best 10 sad movie songs of the 90's. Seal's performance in this song helped to make this a timeless classic.
- "I'd Die Without You" (1992) – From the movie "Boomerang" (1992). The group P.M. Dawn was not on the charts for very long, but it was around long enough to release this chart-topping movie sad song. This is from the forgettable Eddie Murphy movie "Boomerang" (1992), but the song managed to survive most of the 90's.
- "Man On The Moon" (1999) – From the movie "Man On The Moon" (1999). This R.E.M. song was not meant to be sad, but the way it was used in the docu-drama about the life of Andy Kaufman made it one of the top 10 san movie songs of the 90's. The song was used just as Kaufman (Jim Carrey) realized he was really going to die from his disease, and the song just added emotion to the moment.
- "End Of The Road" (1992) – From the movie "Boomerang" (1992). This is a soulful and well-written sad song about coming to the end of a life. It was performed by Boyz II Men and had a spot on the charts for much of 1992.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …