These 10 sad songs of 2008 cover a variety of heartfelt topics. Sad songs are a dime a dozen, but only a few convey true emotion. The best and most memorable have soulful melodies and lyrics that are relatable for people going through a tough time. These sad songs of 2008 range from break up songs, to people missing loved ones that are far away.
- "Warwick Avenue" by Duffy. This soulful and sad song of 2008 is about Duffy being hurt by the man she loves. Enough is enough, and Duffy finally leaves him because she is tired of being hurt. The lyrics and music flow beautifully together, and is a great song for someone that has been romantically hurt. There is almost an eerie feeling to the song, which makes it beautiful.
- "Take a Bow" by Rihanna. One of the best sad songs of 2008 is from Rihanna's re-release of her album "Good Girl Gone Bad." The song is about being cheated on, and not giving the cheater a second chance at the relationship. Even though Rihanna performs the #1 Billboard hit, it was written by R&B artist Ne-Yo. It's a great song for people who have been wronged in a relationship.
- "Breathe" by Taylor Swift. This 2008 sad song was co-written by Swift and singer-songwriter Colbie Caillat, who also sings on the track. The lyrics are about having to move away from a loved one. The generalization of the lyrics can be interpreted to use for a friend, family member, or loved one moving away.
- "Without You" by Hinder. The lyrics are about the singer realizing he wants out of his current relationship. There is something heartbreaking when you realize things will never work out, and you have to break-up with someone. This sad song of 2008 is off the album "Take it to the Limit."
- "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga. Off the 2008 album "The Fame" is a sad song which has multiple meanings. Lady Gaga wrote the sad song about struggling with fame, and if it's worth giving up finding love. This song has Lady Gaga questioning if she can have both fame, and love.
- "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. One of the best sad songs 2008 is off the album "Only By the Night." This song was written by frontman Caleb Followill and is about missing his significant other. He wrote the song when he was feeling while on the road touring.
- "She Don't Want The World" by Three Doors Down. This 2008 song is about a sad girl longing for more out of life. She keeps all her despairs locked inside of her. The life she is leading is not what she wanted, and the man she is with does not show her real love.
- "Sorry" by Buckcherry. Released as a single in 2008, this sad song is off Buckcherry's the album "15." The sad lyrics revolve around lead singer Josh Todd always being on the road and missing his wife. It conveys how maintaining a relationship while touring is difficult, and stressful on his wife.
- "Dead and Gone" by T.I. This sad song of 2008 features Justin Timberlake singing the hook, while T.I. raps the verses. It is a heartfelt song that reminisces about T.I.'s hardships. He went through a lot including a stint in jail. The song celebrates how he climbed back to the top after all his altercations.
- "Please Don't Leave Me" by Pink. In 2008, Pink released this sad song as the third single from her "Funhouse" album. The raw and stripped down lyrics has Pink exposing to the public her faults. This song is about how Pink really wants to be in love, but how it could be hard since she is not the nicest person.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.