10 Scary Movies To Watch On A Date
These 10 scary movies to watch on a date will have your girl frightened and cuddling in fear within minutes of the first freaky event. Enjoy these scary movies anytime; it doesn't have to be Halloween to enjoy a good fright.
- “A Nightmare On Elm Street” is one of many horror film series that have been made, but it is also one of the best. That being said, the movie has been bettered since a remake was done of the original film. The 2010 version of this film is sure to have her holding hands and cuddling in fear. This remake stars Jackie Earle Haley as the scarred one.
- “Drag Me To Hell” was Sam Raimi's 2009 venture back into horror movies. This film about a gypsy curse is very reminiscent of the “Evil Dead” movies. It is equal parts fright, humor and gore. Enjoy this movie on a date for a fun and frightful night. Stars Alison Lohman and Justin Long,
- “Shaun of the Dead” is a hilarious film from 2004 that is somewhat a spoof of zombie movies. Though funny, it still has scary moments and tons of gore, making it a great date movie. This fun film stars Simon Pegg.
- “The Lost Boys” is a classic 80's scary movie about vampires. She will be hiding her head and holding on tight almost every scene in this great scary date movie. “The Lost Boys” is from 1987 and stars Jason Patric, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman and Kiefer Sutherland.
- “Prom Night” is the chick flick of horror films, making it a perfect date movie. It is also a classic horror film from 1980, starring Jamie Lee Curtis. If looking for a more up-to-date version, try the 2008 remake starring Brittany Snow.
- “Dark Water” is a scary movie about angry ghosts. Surely this movie will strike fear in the hearts of many. This film follows a mom, played by Jennifer Connelly, who moves with her daughter into a haunted apartment. Creepy and frightening, this 2005 film is definitely a good scary movie to watch on a date.
- “Scream” is a good film for a date, especially for those who love scary movies. Try watching the entire trilogy of “Scream” movies for extra fear. These movies will have the watcher thinking differently about all scary movies, and watch out when the phone rings! The original film is from 1996 and stars Drew Barrymore, David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich and Rose McGowan.
- “The Blair Witch Project” was originally touted as being a true story, although it really wasn't. This 1999 film still made people scared to go camping and hiking. Watch this film with a date before going on a camping trip and you are sure to have a great time. This film stars Heather Donahue, Michael C. Williams and Joshua Leonard.
- “Hostel” is a very frightening film from 2005 about a group of backpackers who end up being victims of horrible torture. Any date is sure to be scared from this film, she won't even want to go home and sleep alone afterwards. The lesson of this film, don't stay at a hostel and never trust strangers. Stars Jay Hernandez and Derek Richardson.
- “House Of Wax” is the perfect film to scare any date. This 2005 film shows six friends who get lost in a town with a wax museum. Painful death follows. Don't watch this movie alone, it is much more fun with a date. Stars Elisha Cuthbert, Chad Michael Murray and Paris Hilton.
Posted on: Jan. 20, 2011