This list of 10 Scottish drinking songs is made up of all traditional tunes. While some of these songs have been recorded by various artists over the years, many of there origins are unknown. Grab a beer, and a tissue in some cases, before turning on these songs.
- "Jack McGraw". Topping the list of Scottish drinking songs is this sad, and rumored true story of a man home from war. The song tells of the horrors of war and of escaping flying cannon balls.
- "Johnny O'Braides". This song of loyalty makes the list of Scottish drinking songs. The song tells the sad story of a man who fought and died for his country in hopes of freeing Scotland from the King of England.
- "My Son David" Another sad entry on the list of Scottish drinking songs, this traditional drinking song laments the lives of all the sons who died for freedom. The song tells of "my son David, your son David, bloody shame it tis".
- "MacPherson's Lament." This entry on the list of Scottish drinking songs tells of the death of a fellow drinking buddy. The song tells how he danced and drank on the night he died.
- "Blue Bonnets Over the Water". This bagpipe tune makes the list of Scottish drinking songs. The upbeat tune is a traditional pub song for celebrating holidays and other events.
- "Mouth Music". This upbeat song comes in sixth on the list of Scottish drinking songs. The almost yodeling lyrics are sang faster and faster in rounds in the pub setting.
- "Soldier's Song" Yet another lamenting song makes the list of Scottish drinking songs. The tear invoking tune tells of a soldiers last visit home before going off to die in war.
- "The Maid Gaid to the Mill". This good-time song makes the list of Scottish drinking songs. The fun-filled lyrics tell of a man attempting to court the town miller's daughter without much success.
- "Aikendrum" This fast paced tune comes in at number nine on the list of Scottish drinking songs. The name "Aikendrum" is repeated over and over making singing along after a few too many brews easier.
- "Dandling" rounding out the list of Scottish drinking songs is a nonsense song meant just for fun. The "Dandling do doodlie" lyrics become confusing when sang faster and faster.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.