When you live near the capitol of the United States, it's easy to find 10 second ideas in Washington, D.C. From historical sites to museums to theme parks, there are a lot of fun things that you can do to take the pressure off that fun second date. Second dates tend to be lots of fun. You are past the first date stress test. If you made it to the second date, it's at least established that the two of you like one another. Now, be a bit daring, and try one of these second date adventures.
- Take your date to the top of the Washington Monument. Offering views from all sides, all of the Washington, D.C. views are mesmerizing. It's free, which makes for an inexpensive second date, something that's welcome so early in a relationship. Be sure make reservations online, though, as it sometimes sells out, and waiting in the hot sun for hours to go up won't make for a fun second date.
- For a great second date idea, go on one of the great Washington, D.C. walking tours. The tickets are typically under $20 per person, and you can find a walk that's themed to the interests of your date, from ghosts to culture to history. You can typically realize after a first date what things your date is extremely interested in. Pick a tour accordingly, and your thoughtfulness will come through early on, something that's sure to impress your date.
- Have a picnic at Potomac Park. You can then play a game of volleyball or another sport that interests both of you. This is great, casual fun for a second date.
- Take your date to hear a symphony, band or other musical or theater performance at The Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage. Performances commence every night at 6 p.m. Performances are free, making it a perfect option for a second date.
- Have your second date at one of the lesser known Washington, D.C. historical sites. The National World War II Memorial is a good choice for examining a chapter of American history. It commemorates 16 million Americans who served during World War II. It honors the soldiers who died in the way (there were more than 400,000 soldiers who died in World War II). It's the size of a football field, and Friedrich St. Florian designed it.
- Bring your date to Rock Creek Park. There are opportunities for sports, picnics and games. You can see the stars in its planetarium, which is operated by the National Park Service. It's great for a day date and really spending time to get to know someone.
If your date is interested in law, consider bringing her to sit in on a Supreme Court hearing. Nowhere else in the world could you have this kind of second date. You can experience history in the making during your second date, while doing a free, educational activity. It's perfect for the law student or professional.
- Plan your second date for a Sunday morning. That's when you can take your date to enjoy the Dupont Circle Fresh Farm Market. It typically offers over two dozen farmers selling all sorts of delectable fresh and locally produced foods. It's a great and casual way to have fun, talk to one another and enjoy an inexpensive, healthy breakfast.
- Take your date to see a movie at the Smithsonian. The Einstein Planetarium and the Smithsonian Institution IMAX theaters feature quality movies. There are many 3D films shown, and the IMAX experience is a one-of-a-kind theater experience. It's a fun way of spending a second date, especially if your date is from Washington, D.C. and is familiar with all of its museums and historical sites.
- Go on a second date at Politics and Prose. Politics and Prose is a famous bookstore in Washington, D.C. It features book signings and speakers every week, usually several times per week. You can hear authors talk, then sign their books. It also features a great cafe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.