10 Second Date Ideas
So you've gotten over the initial hurdle, the infamous first date. You've spoken to her and she's agreed to the second date. You didn't expect that, did you? What do you do now? Don't worry, here are 10 Second Date Ideas.
- Bowling. This is a nice, cheap second date. It's a great way to see how competitive she is and you can indulge in some greasy pizza, drink beer, and still catch the scores from the game in the bar area.
- Movies. Granted, you won't get a chance to talk too much in the theater. Sometimes that's not a bad thing depending on who you're dating. However, you can discuss the movie over drinks. This gives you a chance to see how she thinks and gauge her sense of humor.
- Museum. Plenty of museums offer a free day at least once a month. Research your local museums to find out when these days occur. Taking your date to a museum can open the possibility of exploring new things. Women love for you to teach them something. So if you happen to know a cool fact about an exhibit, tell her about it.
- Amusement Park. Everyone loves to go back to having childhood fun. Find out if she's a scaredy cat or a fearless female by putting her on the biggest, baddest roller coaster you can find. With so much adrenaline pumping, you can be sure to have a great time.
- Zoo. Furry creatures, water shows, and wild animals should make a second date great. Take her to a zoo and see her eyes light up as she pets some baby animals. Most women can't resist cute animals, especially babies.
- Bookstore. A nice lowkey date at the bookstore is perfect for a second date. You learn a lot about a person and their interests by knowing what they like to read. Try finding your date a book you think they should read and allow them to do the same for you. Then you two can discuss what you read, hopefully on another date.
- Take A Tour. Become a tourist in your own city. Rediscover a new facet of where you live. Take your date on a guided tour of the city and find something new to explore. Perhaps you'll find a new place to eat or some new clothing stores. Who knows, you might find a hidden jewel in your own backyard.
- Sporting Event. In order to do this, you should have found out if she likes sports. If she does, take her to a game. This is a great way to see if she truly likes sports or if she's just bluffing. There is nothing worse than a female who claims to like sports just to get with a guy. So take her to the game, give her a beer, and watch the scene unfold.
- Picnic. Ladies love romantic dates. A picnic can definitely be a great second date if done right. It's not that hard. Pick a nice spot in the park, lay down a blanket, and start eating. Be sure to pack things that she would like to eat. This is why it is so important to pay attention during the first date and when you speak to her afterwards. If you're just not sure what she likes, take her to the grocery store beforehand & get her to pick out what she ate from her favorite childhood lunch. That way she has what she likes & she builds a memory with you.
- Take A Class. This is a good way to see how she takes instruction and how she takes criticism. You can take any kind of class; the possibilities are endless. You can take a cooking demonstration and see if she can actually cook, if that's a dealbreaker for you. You could attend a yoga class and see how flexible she is. Just research in your city about free classes and just pick one.
Posted on: Apr. 09, 2010