If you're feeling nostalgic for those days when you were a kid, these 10 sentimental songs about kids growing up is sure to supply. From John Lennon to Blink 182, this list is sure to supply the kind of nostalgia we all look for from time to time.
- "Old Schoolyard" by Cat Stevens. Nostalgically remembering days on the playground at school, Cat Stevens' "Old Schoolyard" is definitely one of the best sentimental songs about kids growing up.
- "I Guess This Is Growing Up" by Blink 182. For a more pop/punk feel that keeps all of the nostalgia, there's this classic by Blink-182. This is more about those high school years, but that doesn't make it nay less nostalgic.
- "Never Die Young" by James Taylor. For a sadder, more classic feel, there's always James Taylor. This song about kids growing up is definitely sentimental and sure to bring back some memories.
- "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" By John Lennon. Written for his son Sean, John Lennon sings to his boy before bed. This song is especially perfect if you're feeling nostalgic for your own children instead of just your childhood.
- "Gracie" by Ben Folds. Like Lennon, Folds wrote his song for his child, Gracie-however, Folds' is a bit sillier. With lines like, "You'll be a lady soon, but until then/ You've gotta do what I say", Folds delivers a song that is sentimental but still lighthearted.
- "Daughters" by John Mayer. This pseudo-instruction manual by John Mayer discusses the importance of growing girls and being a good father. Mayer's voice and guitar give a perfect vibe for feeling sentimental.
- "Time of Your Life (Good Riddance)" by Green Day. Played at just about every graduation, this sentimental Green Day classic is all about growing up and facing the decisions and turns your adult life is going to throw at you.
- "Cat's in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin. You may not have noticed all the lyrics to this classic spelling out a tale of childhood abuse. One of the more depressing songs on the list, this sentimental song about a kid growing up deserves another, closer listen.
- "Jack and Diane" by John Cougar Mellencamp. Another classic about growing up during high school, John Cougar Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane" is sure to summon up nostalgia in anyone who listens.
- "We're Going to be Friends" by The White Stripes. This simple tune remembers the joy of the little things that used to be so great in life. One of the sweetest songs in the list, The White Stripe's "We're Going to be Friends" is a must-listen for anyone trying to remember the good old days.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?