Here is a list of 10 short, funny actresses. These actresses are very funny and they happen to be short. Or maybe they're short and they happen to be funny. Either way, it's a pleasure to watch the television shows and movies they star in. Being funny is one of the best features any woman, actress or not, can have. These short funny actresses range in age from their early twenties to old. One is in her eighties, which proves that funny knows no age (or height).
- Ellen Page. At just 5' 1" tall, Ellen Page is a short actress who is also funny. Her nickname is The Tiny Canadian. Ellen Page was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in February 1987. She is best known for the title role in "Juno" and has starred in more movies, including "Inception," "Whip It," and "Smart People."
- Carrie Fisher. At 5' 1" tall, Carrie Fisher is another short funny actress. She was born in 1956 in Los Angeles, California to Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher. She starred in the original "Star Wars" movie and since has acted in many cameo appearances in television and movies. These include "Frasier," "Weeds," "30 Rock," and "Family Guy."
- Janeane Garofalo. Like Page and Fisher, Janeane Garofalo is just 5' 1" tall. This funny actress was born in Newton, New Jersey in 1964. She has starred in "Ratatouille," "Idiots," "Big Trouble," and "The Laramie Project," showing she is also a serious actress. Her humor is acerbic and sharp tongued. She also writes and produces films.
- Amy Poehler. Amy Poehler is 5' 2" tall. She was born in 1971 in Massachusetts. Her nicknames are Cool Cat Amy, Crazy Amy, and Poehlercoaster. She stars in the television show "Parks and Recreation" and has been in numerous movies, including "Spring Breakdown," "Baby Mama" with fellow short funny actress Tina Fey, and "Blades of Glory."
- Joan Rivers. Like Amy Poehler, Joan Rivers is just 5' 2" tall. Joan Rivers was born in 1933 in Brooklyn, New York. She is an iconic comedian with a sharp tongue and actress whose nickname is Queen of the Barbed One-liners. She has starred in "Look Who's Talking," "Spaceballs," and "Shrek 2."
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus. Towering over Ellen Page, Amy Poehler, Janeane Garofaol, and Joan Rivers, at 5' 2-1/2", Julie Louis-Dreyfus is still a short funny actress. She is best known for her role as Elaine on "Seinfeld." She stars in "The New Adventures of Old Christine." She has also starred in the television show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "Arrested Development."
- Kathy Griffin. Kathy Griffin is 5' 4" tall. She was born in 1960 in Chicago, Illinois. Kathy Griffin is best know these days for Kathy Griffin: My LIfe on the D-list. She was the executive producer of this show as well as the star. She has also starred in numerous television shows like "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit," "Ugly Betty," and "Days of Our Lives."
- Megan Mullaly. Though they were born two years apart, they were separated at birth. Megan Mullaly and Kathy Griffin are both 5 feet 4 inches tall. Megan Mullaly was born in 1958 in Los Angeles, California. She starred as the assistant on "Will and Grace," "Children's Hospital," and "Party Down."
- Betty White. Bringing up the oldest of the group is Betty White. She was born in 1922 in Oak Park, Illinois. At 5' 4" tall, Betty White can hold her own. She most recently has starred in television commercials and hosted Saturday Night Live. She has starred in hundreds of television show episodes, included "The Golden Girls," which ran for seven years. She currently stars in "Hot in Cleveland."
- Tina Fey. Tina Fey, a tall actress in this group any way, is a whopping 5' 4-1/2" tall and is very funny. Fey was born in 1970 in Pennsylvania. The star of "30 Rock," "Saturday Night Live," and numerous films is also a writer and producer for many of the projects she works on. Tina Fey has starred in "Baby Mama," "The Invention of Lying," and "Date Night."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …