If you're having doubts about the health of your relationship, review these 10 signs of a bad relationship. Often, both partners engage in unhealthy patterns. Think about your own and your partner's behavior as you consider these relationship red flags and how they apply to your relationship.
- If your partner disrespects you, you're in a bad relationship. Put-downs and teasing calculated to make you feel bad about yourself (in any way) constitute disrespect.
- If one of you is lying, you're in a bad relationship. Good relationships are built on trust, but trust can't thrive if one of you is lying.
- If your partner is excessively jealous, you're in a bad relationship. Some jealousy may be normal, but your partner's jealousy shouldn't be disrupting your life or causing major confrontations. If your partner is unreasonably jealous, it could mean she doesn't trust you.
- If your partner tries to control you, you're in a bad relationship. In a good relationship, both partners have the freedom to make their own choices. In a bad relationship, one partner might try to control the other, whether directly or indirectly through manipulation tactics like guilt-tripping or criticism. You have the right to adhere to your own opinions and tastes and to choose your friends and activities.
- If one of you can't admit to being wrong, you're in a bad relationship. If neither of you can accept responsibility for being at fault in a disagreement, then you'll never work out anything. You'll find yourself bickering over trivial things and carrying the resentment around for months.
- If one of you can't forgive the other, you're in a bad relationship. You can't resolve conflicts and move on from them without forgiveness.
- If you feel like your relationship requires all of your energy, you're in a bad relationship. Good relationships build you up. Bad relationships tear you down.
- If you don't spend quality time together, you're in a bad relationship. When both of you are busy, it's easy to grow apart. If you're not making a point to spend time together, you could lose your emotional bond.
- If one of you is violent towards the other, you're in a bad relationship. Violence can include shouting, throwing things or using physical force against another person. You should never feel afraid of your partner.
- If you have more bad times than good, you're in a bad relationship. A good relationship makes you happy more often than not.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.