10 Signs Of A Cheating Girlfriend
You want to give your girlfriend the benefit of the doubt, you didn't exactly catch her in your bed with another guy, but she's been acting kind of weird and you suspect she might be cheating, learn about 10 signs of a cheating girlfriend:
- She deletes her call history. Call logs are not like e-mail or text messaging, they don't prevent you from making or receiving future calls. If your girlfriend is deleting her call history, there is information she doesn't want you to see. Granted, it might not mean she is cheating, maybe she doesn't want you to see how many times she calls her therapist, mother, etc.
- Her friends act uncomfortable around you. If your girlfriend is cheating, you can rest assured that her friends know about it. They will either treat you like the "d-bag" she has told them you are; or they will be uncomfortable or afraid to be alone with you for fear that you might flat out ask them about it.
- She is accusatory. People often project their own behavior on to others. If she is cheating on you with her boss(for example), she might start a fight if you have to work late. She probably feels guilty and can better rationalize her behavior if she can convince herself that you are cheating too.
- She ignores your phone calls. If you know your girlfriend has her phone on her at all times, but whenever you call, she (conveniently) "left it at home," or "forgot to charge it." This is not to say that the first time her phone dies, you should go demanding an explanation, but if it is a repeated occurrence, the Laws of Probability say a different explanation would be more likely.
- She goes out with her friends and doesn't invite you. There is a reason she is not inviting you. Of course it is normal and healthy to have time apart; but generally when people are in a committed relationship, they limit the amount of time they spend going out with their single friends. You know what they say about the barber shop, "you can only go in so many times without getting a haircut."
- She leaves for work in a blue shirt and comes home in a white shirt. Unless she does some type of manual labor, there is only one other "work-related" activity which might warrant changing clothes. This is a sign your girlfriend is cheating.
- She starts wearing a lot of make-up. If your girlfriend has taken a sudden interest in her appearance, by wearing more make-up, joining a gym, and/or spending more time getting ready, she might be trying to impress someone else.
- She seems distant. If your girlfriend stops asking for your input on her decisions or she stops seeking connection with you, it is probably because she is connecting with someone else.
- Your girlfriend has suddenly developed sleep apnea. She sleeps on the couch sometimes because she doesn't want to "keep you awake" with her snoring. This is a classic excuse to either a) sneak out of the house for a rendezvous or b) to sleep alone because she is plagued by the guilt of her cheating and another classic sign your girlfriend is cheating.
- You have a "bad feeling." What people call "a woman's intuition" is actually an adaptive trait all humans posses. Neuroscientists believe it is the brain trying to reconcile conflicting information, which creates a kind of dissonance or confusion; leaving you with that "feeling" that something just isn't adding up. If something doesn't make sense, there is always reason.
Posted on: Mar. 22, 2010