10 Signs Someone Likes You
Recognizing ten signs someone likes you doesn't require fanning with a brick. The signs are in-your-face obvious, if only you take time to look at the situation. Some of the signs are thrown every day, while others may occur only a time or two during the week. The key is to pay attention to the person and look for the signs. If you're not into the person, the signs may be abundantly clear and then you'll need to calmly deal with the situation so that feelings aren't hurt and you end up being the bad guy.
- Goofy behavior. Not by you, but by the person who likes you. Goofy behavior includes making faces, drinking too much with the group when you're there, and even doing slapstick to get your attention. If you're not into this type of behavior, let the person know right away before the person makes a total fool of themselves. Don't be direct. Tell a friend to let the person know that goofy behavior is not the way to your heart.
- Offering to go out of the way to help. The person who likes you may bring you a cup of coffee without asking you. If this happens more than once, it's a natural sign that this someone likes you. If the person knows your order and brings the drink with the proper amounts of anything extra, such as sugar or cream, they not only like you, they're probably stalking you! The person may pop by your desk to pick up your mail because "they're just going down to the mailroom."
- Touching. Not that kind of touching! A simple hand on the shoulder or touching your hand to help with something is a natural way that someone let's you know that they like you.
- Wanting to be alone with you. A fan eager to let you know how much they like you, usually tries to be alone with you to talk. The goal is building up the courage to ask you for a date, or for coffee, or to attend some sort of activity. If you like the person, go with the person and put them out of the just meeting misery.
- Unnecessary visiting. One of the ten signs someone likes you is the time spent in your presence. Someone who pops into your office multiple times during the day or stops by your desk during the day, likes you. Plain and simple. It may even be your boss and that presents new problems.
- Tiny, insignificant or major gifting. Little gifts show up on your desk or the person may deliver the gifts in person. They might be something as small as coffee or as big as a car. If you're into the person, be sure to let them know your favorite ride. It saves time in exchanging for something you really want.
- Compliments. Let's face it; you hardly remember what you've put on every morning, why would anyone comment on your clothing all the time if they didn't like you? Comments include remarks about obscure clothing or jewelry and about items of clothing that you've worn for years. The person is giving you a heads up that they like you. They really like you.
- Lots of stammering and a red-face. Shy people may like you but one sign someone likes you is attempting to never make a mistake in your presence. Everyone makes mistakes, but the person who is intent on impressing you will be mortified at the smallest mistake.
- Looking at you when you're not looking. Unless you have food on your face or are running around with a toilet paper trailer hooked on your clothing, intense looking at you when you're not looking is the number one sign that someone likes you. You are guaranteed a fan if you look up unexpectedly and see the person looking at you. You'll undoubtedly then see the red-face behavior. It's a double guarantee of infatuation.
- Lots of smiling going on. You smile. The person who likes you smiles. And that makes you smile. It's a smile-fest. Isn't nice to know that someone likes you?