10 Signs That Your Girlfriend Is Cheating
Looking for 10 signs that your girlfriend is cheating? Though both men and women can be on the cheating side of a relationship, men get more attention when it comes to infidelity, so it can be tough to know when your girlfriend is cheating on you. There are some important signs that can indicate that your girlfriend is cheating on you, so pay attention and follow your gut.
- You've got a gut feeling. If you feel like your girlfriend is cheating on you, there must be something which led you to believe it. If not, ask yourself why you think so. Have there been signs that she’s seeing someone else and, if so, what are they? Sometimes when we go over the supposed signs in our minds and really clarify our feelings, we find that what we’re seeing isn’t as bad as we originally thought.
- Her friends and family act suspiciously. Usually if someone is cheating, other people know about it. Talk to your girlfriend’s friends and family members. Avoid coming right out and asking, unless you have good cause, but talk to her friends and family. Look for inconsistencies in things you’ve been told and what’s being told to you now.
- You catch her in a lie. If you begin catching your girlfriend in a lie, there’s a good chance you might catch her in more lies later. If you find your girlfriend lying, you’ll get more information if you don’t call her on it immediately and investigate first. Women will often deny the lie or give what sounds like a valid reason for lying in the first place.
- She accuses you of cheating. People who cheat often feel like everyone cheats. If your girlfriend starts accusing you of cheating, it may be time to reevaluate how faithful she’s been to you.
- She develops an odd schedule. If you’re pretty sure she’s cheating, but don’t have concrete evidence, it may be time to surprise her. Keep tabs on what she’s doing and where she’s going and “surprise” her. This is a good way to determine if she’s telling you the truth about her whereabouts.
- There is a change in her personality. Sometimes women go through personal things in life (often times, they go through some things others can’t understand) and they may experience personality changes, but if she suddenly isn’t showing an interest in you when she had an interest before, there’s a good chance she’s interested in someone else.
- She's dressing differently. If your girlfriend is suddenly dressing up and taking special care with her appearance before going out, and you’re not going with her, it could be that she likes to dress up or is making a personal change in herself. It could also mean that she’s heading out to meet another man.
- She's suspicious about birth control. Pay close attention to the birth control factor within your relationship. Some couples keep condoms around, even if they are using some other type of birth control, but if your girlfriend begins keeping condoms in her purse, this could be a bad sign. If you find them, it may be best not to mention it, but to count how many are in there and to take a look again later to see if any are missing.
- She makes or receives mysterious phone calls. If your girlfriend is having a lot of mysterious phone conversations, this may also be a bad sign. Does she leave the room whenever she is on the phone? Next time this happens, try following her and see if she moves somewhere else. Sometimes people will step away from others or from a situation to make a phone call so that they can hear better, but if your girlfriend is acting as if she doesn’t want you to hear the conversation, she may be talking to a secret lover.
- She keeps disappearing. It’s not normal for people who are in a respectful and healthy relationship to disappear at all hours of the day or to avoid coming home at night. If your girlfriend is disappearing for hours at a time or is not returning home at night, she may be cheating on you. Check into this further.