Silly love songs are always fun, but this list of 10 silly love songs with bass is even more fun. Bass is one of the most overlooked parts of a band, but can make any song-especially a silly love song-even better.
- "Five Years Time" by Noah and the Whale. This silly love song features ukulele, whistling, violins, slide whistle, and, of course, some good bass. Its lyrics are silly, fun, and sweet, making it one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "The Calculation" by Regina Spektor. Regina Spektor is almost always sweet, romantic, and silly, but unlike most of her songs, which are just her and a piano, this one features some great bass. With Regina Spektor's quirky, cute songwriting style pairied with some great bass, "The Calculation" is definitely one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "Ramona" by Beck. This song is mostly silly because of its context: It was one of the songs featured in "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World". With some great bass lines, Beck's "Ramona" is definitely one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "Zak and Sara" by Ben Folds. "Zak and Sara" has some really out-there lyrics, but one fantastic bass line. The song is silly and a bit eerie but still very sweet. Ben Folds is a pro at mixing silly and sweet together, and "Zak and Sara" is no exception.
- "Crooked Teeth" by Death Cab for Cutie. While this is a more bitter love song, it still remains silly, fun, and filled with some really great bass, making it one of the best silly love songs with bass out there.
- "Short Skirt Long Jacket" by Cake. Cake is always fun and a little silly, and always features good bass. "Short Skirt Long Jacket" is arguably Cake's most famous hit, and for a reason: It's catchy, fun, and one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "Goodnight and Go" by Imogen Heap. While this song doesn't feature a string bass unless played live, it has some great bass synth beats. Its silly lyrics and sweetness paired with the bass synth definitely make it one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "Violet Stars Happy Hunting" by Janelle Monae. This song is also better in context: Monae's album "Metropolis: The Chase" is all about an android falling in love and being hunted down for it, which is the main point of this song. Featuring some silliness, upbeat tempos, and fantastic bass, this is definitely one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "You're the Only One" by Maria Mena. This song is extremely silly and extremely sweet. It also has some great bass lines. If you're looking for a chuckle along with a cuddle, "You're the Only One" is absolutely perfect, and one of the best silly love songs with bass.
- "Skullcrusher Mountain" by Jonathan Coulton. Jonathan Coulton (aka "Joco") is extremely prominent in the world of nerds, but he deserves to be well-known by everyone. He is a master of making funny, sweet songs that are legitimately good. "Skullcrusher Mountain", a love song from the persepctive of a super villain or mad scientist, is one of Joco's best. With some hilarious lyrics and great basslines, "Skullcrusher Mountain" is definitly one of the best silly love songs with bass.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.