10 Simple Songs Everyone Knows On Guitar
These 10 simple songs everyone knows on guitar are easy to play and have popular lyrics. If you play the guitar, you'll want to know songs that people around you can recognize and sing along. Playing the guitar won't be as much fun if no one has any idea what song you are playing. This is a list of ten simple songs everyone knows on guitar and these aren't nursery rhymes, baby.
- America "A Horse With No Name" One of the simplest songs everyone knows on guitar, playing this song involves two chords. Name that horse already!
- Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah" A popular song everyone can sing along to when you play this piece. This simple song everyone knows on guitar can be played with your fingers or a guitar pick.
- Bob Dylan "Knocking on Heaven's Door" Bob Dylan wrote this song in the early '70s and since then, it has been covered by Eric Clapton, Pete Carr, Cold Chisel, GNR, Avril Lavigne and many others. Bob Dylan's version is the easiest to play and makes it on this list of ten simple songs everyone known on guitar.
- Green Day "Time of Your Life" Say no to drab campfire tunes. Once you have learned this simple to play guitar song, you will say good riddance to strumming "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."
- Johnny Cash "Folsom Prison Blues" You won't be blue after learning chord changes and some strumming techniques in this song. Johnny Cash has many songs that could be on a list of simple songs everyone knows on guitar, but to be fair to many genres, he was allowed one spot only.
- The Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand" When you play this song today, you won't get crowds of screaming girls like you may have back then, but learning this song is still fun and simple on guitar. The Beatles have many songs that are easy to play. Check them all out.
- Tom Petty "Learning To Fly" Tom Petty is yet another artist who could take up a list of ten simple songs everyone knows on guitar. This piece is simple, but it may take some practice to make it sound smooth.
- Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" Because this song was perhaps one of Kenny's best pieces, play it well! This song is simple to learn and will have all generations singing along.
- Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" This Pink Floyd song is considered by some to be for intermediate guitar players. Even so, it can be learned quickly and easily and is a classic song everyone knows on guitar.
- The Wallflowers "Three Marlenas" This song was written by Bob Dylan's son, Jakob Dylan. Following in his father's footsteps, he wrote a song everyone wants to play on guitar.