10 Small Apartment Ideas For Men
Looking for 10 small apartment ideas for men? Want to maximize your use of space while adding beauty to your living space? There are ways to divide rooms without walls, add windows where you have none, organize tiny closets, and create the illusion of greater space with your decor. Just because you are living in a small apartment doesn’t mean it has to feel cramped. Here are some small apartment ideas for men that will solve all your limited space problems.
- Build a cheap wall room divider. A small apartment idea for men that divides a room in half can make space for an office in a bedroom, or a dining room in a living room. Go to the garden center of your home improvement store and buy a garden lattice and garden swag hooks. Attach the swag hooks to your ceiling and hang the lattice from them to divide your small apartment room in half.
- Build a fake window. If you have a windowless small apartment corridor or bathroom, build a fake window to create the illusion of open space beyond. Buy a window picture frame and staple a nature poster to its back, then hang the fake window on the wall.
- Paint stripes. This cheap small apartment idea relies on the way the human eye works. By painting a striped pattern on your apartment wall, you can give the illusion that your room is wider or taller. Use two foot wide vertical lines for a widening effect, or ten inch vertical lines to make the ceiling seem higher.
- Use mirrors. A small apartment idea that can work in any room revolves around the use of mirrors. By duplicating the visible space, you can make small apartment rooms seem twice as large. However, avoid hanging mirrors opposite each other or the resultant infinity effect will create a feeling of crowding.
- Use baskets. Small apartments are usually short on storage space. Since men don’t like to mess with tidying up, baskets in every room can offer a simple, temporary storage option instead of tossing stuff on the floor.
- Organize closets. Small apartment ideas for men are especially important in the closet. Avoid hunting for things by adding simple closet shelves. Attach cheap shelf support brackets in your closet and place wood shelves over them. Store under garments in shoe boxes and shoes in a line on the closet floor.
- Use Small Furniture. Small apartment ideas for men don’t have to give up on beauty. Decorate your rooms with elegant, modern furniture but use small pieces only, arm chairs instead of a sofa, a twin-sized mattress instead of queen size.
- Use folding furniture. This small apartment ideas for men makes the most of every corner. For an office desk choose a wall desk you can fold when you’re not using it. Attach your mattress to hinges and fold it into the wall, then seal it from sight with closet doors. Hang your television from the ceiling and use folding chairs for extra seating.
- Use Plush rugs. The best small apartment ideas for men are unconventional. Instead of cluttering your limited space with furniture, decorate each room with a plush rug comfortable enough for sitting or lying on and save the need for too much furniture.
- Be inventive. This small apartment idea for men relies on your imagination. Everything in your apartment must be necessary and should preferably play a double role, such as a sofa folding out to become a bed, or an ottoman turning into a coffee table by use of a large coffee tray. Turn a storage chest into a window bench and use shelves instead of art to decorate your walls and add storage space.
With a little imagination and visual trickery, even a small apartment can be made to look roomy and comfortable. By tucking the mess away and selecting small furniture items, the limited space of a small apartment will seem proportionately larger. After all, the human eye gauges size through a process of comparison. Everything is relative.