Many people around the world struggle with alcoholism, if you're one of these people or know one, listen to these 10 songs about alcoholism as a small step to cope with this devastating addiction. There are many songs that deal with alcoholism, but this comprehensive list includes some of the more popular and better-known songs.
- “That’s Why I’m Here” by Kenny Chesney. This song deals with an individual helping another with his struggles with alcoholism.
- “Some People Change” by Montgomery Gentry. This song deals with the struggle that one person has with changing who he is, including changing his drinking habits.
- “Walk A Little Straighter Daddy” by Billy Currington. This song deals with an individual dealing with his father’s addiction to alcohol.
- “Flowers” by Chris Young. This song deals with a how a person has changed since he stopped seeking refuge in a bottle of whisky.
- “Wine into Water” by T Graham Brown. This song deals with a man turning to God to help with his struggles with alcoholism.
- “Cheap Whiskey” by Patty Loveless. This song deals with the perils of turning to whiskey in times of turmoil.
- “Wasted” by Carrie Underwood. This song deals with a woman turning to alcohol during times of relationship strife and strife.
- “Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley and Alison Kraus. This song deals with two individuals drinking themselves to death after losing one another.
- “Epiphany” by Staind. This song deals with dealing with the loss of a loved one and the dangers of turning to alcohol.
- “Little Rock” by Collin Raye. This song deals with an individual’s progression in being sober, even when life is difficult and he is tempted to drink.
There are many other songs that deal with alcoholism, but these are some of the better known songs that are very specific in what their lyrics are about.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.