Here are 10 songs about best friends dating. You may already know some of these titles, taking you back in time and revealing sounds of the times of decades past. All of these songs are timeless in that they deal with what may end up as the most important part of any relationship: being friends first.
- "Best Friend" by P. Diddy. "Best Friend" is a great take on the classic theme. It's worth putting first on any such mix. When you fall in love with your best friend, you want a singer that can put into words what you're feeling. P. Diddy is just such an artist.
- "You and I" by Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle. "You and I" is a breathtaking duet. It tells the story of two lovers who are also great friends. Lyrics speak on the couple building their lives together, growing older with one another in time, and reminiscing on that first embrace.
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley. "Can't Help Falling in Love" conveys the feelings that many friends who end up as lovers have felt about each other. Although romance was not in the plan when the friendship developed, it became its inevitable. This song has been used in countless films and television shows to get across the feelings of the characters and it can be used as your personal dedication. There are few things that are more flattering than the declaration that someone loves you and can't resist doing so, no matter the circumstances.
- "No Other Love" by Olivia Newton-John. "No Other Love" is the ideal song about friends dating. It's a soothing ballad with lyrics, such as "I'll spend my days of wine and roses romancing a friend." It's a song you'll want to sway and sing to. It's actually a great song for karaoke, and it can easily be adapted so that you can sing it to your significant other during an event or even a wedding.
"Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler. "Wind Beneath My Wings" explores love, friendship, heroism and the roles in a relationship. This song describes how lovers who are first friends feel about each other. The lyrics include, "Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be." Each word of the song seems carefully chosen and translates as strong poetry set to music.
- "Don't Speak" by No Doubt. "Don't Speak" deals with the darker side of best friends dating. When there are breaks ups or two dating friends are growing apart, it's all the more painful. If you are growing out of the romantic feelings you two share as lovers, this may be the right song.
"You've Got a Friend" by James Taylor. "You've Got a Friend" has something unspeakably romantic. It's a song from a man who is absolutely dedicated to be there for his friend through all seasons and all occasions. In fact, the singer literally goes through all of the seasons in the lyrics.
- "My Best Friend" by Weezer. "My Best Friend" is a modern song on this topic. The title speaks for itself and it tells a great story in this rock song. This song is a departure from the typical Weezer style. It's a song that's often featured on playlists for weddings and anniversaries.
"How Do You Keep the Music Playing?" by Patti Austin and James Ingram. Patti Austin and James Ingram were nominated for an Oscar for this song.
"How Do You Keep the Music Playing?" is about the romance between best friends. This song is featured on the "Best Friends" movie soundtrack. It's especially a great song for photo montages.
- "I'll Be There for You" by The Rembrandts. "I'll Be There for You" is best known as the theme song for the TV series "Friends." This song is often interpreted as a romantic rock love song, detailing the friendship and love between two people. It's a song of deep devotion.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …