Looking for 10 songs about best friends? In the 1980s and 1990s friends would make mixtapes for eachother to thank them for always being a friend. While many of these tapes are long lost, we can now burn CDs or make playlists for our friends as a token of appreciation. Many songs about best friends have been written, but these stand as the best at capturing those feelings and the most accessible for a variety of music tastes.
- "You've Got a Friend in Me" by Randy Newman. One of the best songwriters of modern times crafts one of the most legendary songs about best friends with lyrics that reassure the commitment of a true friend.
- "Long Lost" by Better Than Ezra. If you are looking for a song for a best friend to let them know you are there when you need them no matter how much it inconveniences you look no further than this song from these New Orleans rockers.
- "Welcome Back" by John Sebastian. This song not only reminds people of the TV show but of those times spent with their best friend.
- "With a Little Help from My Friends." by Joe Cocker. The guitar chords and brilliant vocal delivery of this version makes for an epic soundtrack to a slideshow of photos of you and your best friends.
- "Kind and Generous" by Natalie Merchant. A 1990's pop radio song about best friends that puts those words of appreciation in simple and eloquent terms.
- "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers. This classic song about friends provides a great soundtrack for a night out with those that mean the most to you.
- "Nights I Can't Remember, Friends I'll Never Forget" by Toby Keith. This country song about best friends reminds us that even if the memories are a little hazy from indulging in too many libations, we will never forget out true friends.
- "I'll Be There For You" by the Rembrandts. This song's camp is almost its appeal as this songs about best friends gives you and those cherished buddies something to laugh about.
- "Hung The Moon" by Better Than Ezra. These rockers have a knack for capturing a feeling and expressing it in a span of three minutes better than any of their contemporaries. This song about best friends shoes the lead singer and songwriter, Kevin Griffin, expressing his undying devition to a friend who keeps getting ditched by the others. The backing drums of Travis McNabb and bass of Tom Drummond creates a nice wall of sound as the mellow verses build into roaring, choruses of emotion.
- "Thank You For Being a Friend" by Andrew Gold. Even if you are not friends with Dorothy, Blanche, Rose of Sophia this classic song about best friends is a great, lighthearted one for friends to sing at the piano bar. Now do not ask me why I know all of their names. Thanks, friend.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …