These 10 songs about change can be related to relationship, family or life in general. Country, hip-hop and rock music all sing about the universal understanding that we have change in our life. Some changes come without warning, some are worked for and some, such as the death of a loved one, will at some point touch your life. Everyone goes through changes, for better or worse, and these ten songs express feelings and emotions people can feel with change.
- "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts Going through a breakup can be a hard change to handle. This song about change was written to describe how the process of getting over a relationship can eventually lead to a better love.
- "Everybody's Changing" by Keane Changes that happen to your friends or family also changes your life. This song was written about someone struggling to adapt to changes around him, particularly his friends who are growing up, moving away and losing interest in things they once shared.
"There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney Written as a story about a man who faces an unplanned pregnancy with his girlfriend. He thinks his life is ruined, but the song continues throughout their lives and the man realizes how his priorities rapidly change over the years. The man also realizes how what he thought was a bad change ended up being the best thing that happened to him.
- "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac The lyrics, "Can I handle the seasons of my life? I've been afraid of changing because I've built my life around you" ring true to everyone. Everyone's life goes through multiple changes throughout the year like seasons. In 2001 The Dixie Chicks covered "Landslide" and performed the song about change at the 2003 Grammy Awards.
- "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross This uplifting beat is about coming out into a new, happy life. This song is about making changes for the better and showing the world all she has to offer. This song can also mean coming out of the closet and being openly gay, which is a huge change.
- "Changes" by Tupac Written about racial issues on the streets and how everyone knows things won't change; there will always be poverty and homeless people and violence on the streets. Sometimes there are things in life that cannot change and Tupac wrote one of the best songs about realizing that. The song was released in 1998 after Tupac was killed.
- "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson This number one Billboard song is about how you shouldn't around for it–make it happen. Sometimes people need or want change in their life and the only way to make that happen is if you make the first step to create a change.
- "73 (Everything Changes)" by Jennifer Hanson Written after she was looking through an old photo album and realized how much has changed. Everyone's life goes through so many changes over the years and the most noticeable one for Hanson was after her parents got divorced. She realized her parents' divorce changed her whole course in life.
- "Changes" by David Bowie Change can come in all shapes and form, and sometimes can seem strange. This is one of the ten best songs about change because Bowie wrote it when he started feeling comfortable writing songs. This became Bowie's theme song, as he embraced change and kept updating his look.
- "Days Go By" by Lifehouse Singer Jason Wade wrote this song after reflecting over the changes that their record label DreamWorks being bought out would bring, where they were going to go from there and if the band would remain together. Sometimes a change you cannot predict leaves you in limbo.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!