It's always handy to know 10 songs about children growing up, particularly around graduation time or for when someone is expecting a baby. These songs serve a variety of uses, from reminding us how quickly children grow up to the need to impart wisdom upon a younger generation. If you're looking for some great songs about children growing up, you'll definitely want to check out these amazing tunes.
- "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin: When people are asked to name a song about children growing up, they often choose "Cats in the Cradle." A song about a relationship (or lack thereof) between a father and son, "Cats in the Cradle" is a classic tune about children growing up and how important it is to be there for them.
- "I'm an Adult Now" by Pursuit of Happiness: Most children dream about when they turn 18 and are legally an adult, able to do whatever they want. The Pursuit of Happiness wrote this great song about children growing up, expressing the crush of responsibilities and changes that occur when one crosses that line from adolescence to adulthood.
- "Back When I Was Four" by Jeffrey Lewis: If you enjoy the indie rock sound and you're looking for a great song about children growing up, check this wonderful gem out. Starting at age four, it chronicles a boy's life and how everything turns full circle in the end.
- "Watching Scotty Grow" by Bobby Goldsboro: A touching song about a father watching his son grow and learn new things, this is an oldie, but definitely one of the sweetest songs about children growing up. Dads can't help but smile and relate to this one.
- "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride: This is a beautiful song about children growing up, but also about what it means to be a parent and the beauty that the two share. Everyone wants to be a hero in their child's eyes.
- "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean: This is a wonderful country song about children growing up and how parents should enjoy their children without pushing them to grow up so fast. This is a great song that reminds us to appreciate things through the innocent eyes of a child.
- "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens: If you're looking for a good classic song about children growing up, "Father and Son" is a great song that tells the tale of a father and his need to impart his wisdom upon his son before he passes away.
- "Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man" by Randy Travis: This is a powerful song about being a teenager and being faced with some pretty tough decisions. It's a good song that reminds us that they may seem older, but they're still children, yet it also reminds us that boys can also be men.
- "The Walk" by Sawyer Brown: Going to school for the first time is an important part of children growing up and this great song touches on many of the important hallmarks of life, starting from that first walk down the dusty driveway to the school bus.
- "House at Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins: This is a great song about children growing up and calls to parents’ minds, the need to go back to the innocent and simpler days of childhood. It's a great song for young and old alike.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)