10 Songs About Dating Your Best Friend
If you're falling in love with your best friend, listen to these 10 songs about dating your best friend. Dating your best friend or any friend can be a tricky situation, but it can also be very rewarding, as well. For all of the awkwardness that can come with dating a friend, such a situation also allows people to avoid certain other concurrences of awkwardness. The best songs about dating your best friend pinpoint the finer nuances of the emotions that are inherent in these relationships.
- "Falling in Love" by Akon featuring Ray J. This R & B infused pop-rap hit deals with the more awkward side of what happens when you tell a friend that your feelings for them may go deeper. Unfortunately, you don't get to go deep in this case.
- "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw. You are lucky to have a true best friend and a loyal lover but to have them both be the same person is something that very few people can find. Tim McGraw delivers a classic song about dating your best friend that was no doubt inspired by Faith Hill.
- "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt. Bonnie Raitt's signature song is a blues-infused pop-rock track that can be aptly described as a great song about dating your best friend.
- "Happy Endings" by Better Than Ezra. Few post-grunge alterna-rock bands can capture an array of motions in a a three minute song like this New Orleans-based group. "Happy Endings" is almost cinematic in the way it expresses the contentment of finally getting with someone you've longed for and is a great addition to any songs about dating your best friend playlist.
- "Whatever It Is" by Zac Brown Band. If you are compiling a list of songs about dating your best friend for that special someone you would be hard pressed to find a more complete song than this country gem.
- "You Make Me Wanna" by Usher. This hit by Usher lets you know that is okay to have the feelings you do and that someone has been there before. More than many other songs, this song about dating your best friend puts the feelings of understanding and strong connection into easily relatable terms. That friend that has always been there for you might just be what you were looking for all along.
- "Don't Speak" by No Doubt. Even though you have heard this one a million and one times, this song about dating your best friend sounds fresh when you are going through the emotions and issues that can sometimes arise when your heart leads you in that direction.
- "My Best Friend" by Weezer. Another classic 1990's song about dating your best friend comes from Weezer. They show that that person that is always there for you could be the one you should also be dating. Apparently "Friends" was more influential on the music scene than we initially thought, huh?
- "Best Friend" by Puff Daddy. When he wasn't busy singing four lines in a song and taking credit as the principal performer or changing his name, Puff Daddy (a.k.a. P. Diddy, Sean "Puffy" Combs, P. Dizzle) actually delivered a few songs filled with emotional content.
- "Lucky" by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat. Jason Mraz is a master of wordplay and on this track he brings in the vocal talent of Colbie Caillat and delivers a beautifully written song about dating your best friend. The way these two sing to each other solidifies the quality of this pop track.