10 Songs About Drinking
Any time you’re tilting that bottle back, you’re almost destined to hear any of these top 10 songs about drinking before your reckless night is over with. These are the drinking songs that make you squeal with glee right when you recognize them in your drunken stupor.
- At number one, it’s Jimmy Buffet’s “Margaritaville” for one of the best songs about drinking. It’s a song that’s extremely easy to listen to when you’ve had one too many, and best of all it’s all about that drink!
- It’s easy to figure out what J. Kwon is lyrically commemorating in his song called, “Tipsy.” Even though J. Kwon disappeared from the hip hop scene after this song debuted, it will easily be a timeless piece of art about drinking played at many parties for years to come.
- “I Love College” is enough to make anybody want to put their drink up in the air. This song may very well be one of the greatest drinking songs to stick around for a long time.
- As you hear the opening beat of “Gin and Juice” by Snoop Dogg, you instantly recognize what you’re listening to. Not to mention, the sound of the pouring liquid is an obvious symbol of what this song is celebrating.
- UB40’s “Red Red Wine” gives you that reggae-pop kick when you’ve had a bit to drink. The singer tells you all about his woman that he lost, and then lets you know that he’s fine due to his red, red wine.
- “Don’t this hit make my people wanna jump, jump?” is one of the opening lines of the smash hit, “Pass the Courvoisier Part II” by Busta Rhymes. Additionally, yes, the hit makes people want to jump. This is no doubt one of the greatest hits about drinking.
- “Sippin’ on Some Sizzurp” by Three 6 Mafia is a song that tells us that Bun B has “a sexy thing on my arm, cup of drink in my palm.” That’s exactly what this song is about, too. Play this song at your next party, and your guests will go crazy.
- You’re likely to hear Jamie Foxx’s “Blame it on the Alcohol” blasting out of any given club. “Blame it on the Alcohol” is just another little number that celebrates the fact that you’re intoxicated. However, the catchy tune of the background music is not like any song that you’ve probably ever heard before, and this has mostly helped it be one of the best songs about drinking.
- Mickey Avalon’s “What Do You Say” is the epitome of a classic drinking song. Even though this song also covers bases other than drinking, you’ll find this single about drugs and alcohol playing among those who are feeling the intoxication to the 10th degree.
- At the 10th spot, it’s “Colt 45” by Afroman. This song glorifies the principles of getting drunk, and amidst the catchy lyrics, it also tells the humorous tales of various women that Afroman has supposedly come into contact with while tipsy.