Why would anyone want to know ten songs about drunk driving? That's easy-they need something to listen to while they're driving drunk. In no way is anyone encouraged to drink and drive, blah blah blah. Anyway, there are a few things that make up a great drunk driving song. First of all, the song must have a catchy chorus. There's nothing more drunk people love to do than sing-a-long. Another thing that a great drunk driving song has is energy. Nobody who's drunk wants to be brought down and bummed out. Lastly, the song has to make drinking and driving sound fun. With all that said, here's ten songs about drunk driving.
- "Trashed" by Black Sabbath-This song is number one because of the high energy, excellent guitar riffs and sharp lyrics. It also captures Sabbath during the raw power of their early days.
- "Drinking and Driving" by The Business-At the number two slot is this catchy sing-a-long song. When the chorus hits I actually feel like I'm drunk and in a British football stadium.
- "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg-Very famous song that only mentions drunk driving in passing, but still enough to qualify for the list. The song mentions "sipping on gin and juice" while "rolling down the street."
- "Arrested While Driving Blind" by ZZ Top- Well executed classic rock song about drunk driving, calling it "driving blind." This tune has an especially fun guitar riff that's perfect for speeding down the highway.
- "One for My Baby, One for the Road" by Frank Sinatra-Though this isn't a funny or high energy song, it's still a good lounge track that kicked off the expression, "One for the road." The song takes place after what seems like an eternity of drinking and talking at the bar. Sinatra finally leaves, but only with the promise of two more drinks.
- "Drunk Drivers Against Mad Mothers" by Slayer-Funny song about the fun of drunk driving and hunting down members of MADD. This song has a bit of a different sound than their usual stuff, but it still good and heavy.
- "Drinking and Driving" by Johnny Paycheck-Extremely witty country song from the man made famous by "Take This Job and Shove It." It wouldn't be far fetched to say that this song contains the best tongue-in-cheek lyrics on the list.
- "Deflect and Swerve" by Gang Green-Boston thrash punk party band brings a hilarious song about being pulled over while drunk driving to the list.
- "Drive Better Drunk" by Afroman-Humorous song about driving better drunk than sober. The song is especially funny because he makes a good case.
- "That Smell" by Lynyrd Skynyrd-This song was actually inspired by one of the band members getting in a car accident while drunk. Skynyrd gets points for blaming the car accident on the tree.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)