If you've felt that spark and you're wondering whether there could be something more, let these 10 songs about falling in love with your best friend guide you. Whether you're concerned about losing a friend or how you'll go about approaching the subject or just happy that you've finally found your soul mate, there is a song for each situation.
- "Something to Talk About" – Bonnie Raitt. In this song about falling in love with your best friend, two friends are completely unaware that they're interested in each other until people start gossiping about their nonexistent romantic relationship. It seems like gossip can be used for good after all.
"The Search is Over" – Survivor. This is a song about a guy's search for love and the realization that his search is over because he was in love with his best friend the whole time. Luckily she didn't get married and have six kids while he was deciding who he wanted to be with.
- "You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This" – Toby Keith. This song tells us that falling in love with your best friend can happen after a night out, an unexpected kiss and a little dancing, but doesn't mention anything about the awkwardness in the morning.
- "Complicated" – Carolyn Dawn Johnson. This is a song about falling in love with your best friend and not knowing whether you should take a chance on ruining your friendship by confronting your friend with your feelings.
- "Lucky" – Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat. A duet about two friends that are completely in love, this is a whimsical song that reminds us that some of the best relationships come from falling in love with your best friend.
- "What if I Said" – Anita Cochran. A woman finds herself falling for her best friend who's in a relationship. She thinks he should break it off with the other woman and by the tone of the song, he doesn't quite agree.
- "Friends and Lovers" – Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson. Instead of choosing between being friends or lovers, this song about falling in love with your best friend says you can have both.
- "Could It Be" – Christy Carlson Romano. This is a song about being shocked at the fact that your newly found soul mate was your best friend the whole time. This song shows us that falling in love with your best friend can happen almost instantaneously.
"Falling in Love With Your Best Friend" – Paul Baribeau. A guy that didn't realize he was in love with his best friend until it was too late reminisces about a song about falling in love with your best friend.
- "How Do I Get There" – Deana Carter. Realizing you've fallen in love with your best friend is the first step and the second is to find out if your best friend feels the same way. This song covers that and also throws in a little persuasion for good measure.