Below are 10 songs about forbidden love. There are probably many songs about forbidden love that don't come out and say that they are such. Yet, these 10 examples are songs that come at forbidden love from another of different angles. But it's a bad kind of love, no matter how you look at it.
- "Secret Lovers" by Atlantic Star – If you're going to have a secret lover, you better find somebody that can keep a secret. You also better be pretty good at keeping secrets yourself. But the truth of the matter is, the truth always comes out. Enjoy it while it lasts because secrets are temporary things.
- "Dark End of the Street" – The Flying Burrito Brothers – This is a really depressing song. Lovers go to the darkness to hide their dirty deeds in shame. There's no fun in that forbidden relationship anymore. It's just sex out of habit now. How sad.
- "Don't Stand So Close To Me" – The Police – Sex between teachers and students is just plain wrong. Yet that's exactly what Sting sings about here. Yet it happens a lot. Most the time, though, there are just crushes going on, without any actual relationship.
- "Lips Of An Angel" – Hinder – This song starts with one cheater telling another cheater to whisper because his main girl is in the other room. This is not just forbidden love; it's daring love, too. Hinder isn't heard much from these days. Perhaps the band has somehow been forbidden from radio. Or maybe the band is just a one hit wonder.
- "Your Cheatin' Heart" – Hank Williams Sr. — Just as secrets eventually come out, cheating hearts tell on the cheater. That's what Hank Williams tells us with this song. "Your cheatin' heart will tell on you." It's sort of the country version of the tell-tale heart, if you well.
- "Jolene" — Dolly Parton – Poor Dolly Parton. She must speak directly to the forbidden lover and warn that gal not to mess with her man. And from the sound of it, that 'other woman' is quite the looker. Good luck, Dolly.
- "Lyin' Eyes" – The Eagles – Cheating hearts tell on the cheaters, and — as The Eagles remind us — lying eyes cannot be hidden. The girl in this song wants to have it both ways: She wants to have a rich man at home. But she also wants to have that good looking booty call, too. But her eyes will do her in, in the end.
- "Tempted" – Squeeze – Tempted by the fruit of another. Might that fruit be a couple of well-proportioned peaches, perhaps? Maybe it's not that overt. But there are certainly some assets that cannot be obtained at home in question.
- "Young Girl" – Gary Puckett & The Union Gap – Another way of saying 'young girl' is 'jail bait.' But jail bait just doesn't make for a very romantic song title. Nevertheless, that's exactly what Gary Puckett and The Union Gap are singing about. That sort of love is forbidden by law.
- "Alison" – Elvis Costello – "I heard you let that little friend of mine/Take off your party dress." Costello is none too happy with his gal, Alison. She better keep her clothes on when she's with other men other than Elvis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.