If you and a close friend are feeling the sizzle of chemistry, you'll want to check out these 10 songs about friends falling in love. They're sure to set the mood, whether for a dance or romance.
- “Anytime You Need a Friend” by Mariah Carey. In one of the best songs about friends falling in love, Mariah Carey expresses how friendship creates a foundation for lasting love. Through good times and bad, she sings, “Don't you ever be lonely/love will make it all right.”
- “Best Friend” by 50 Cent. In “Best Friend,” 50 Cent wants the girl he loves to make a decision. She's his friend, but he wants her to be more, and he needs to know if she wants him, or another man. “If I was your best friend,” he raps, “I'd want you 'round all the time.”
- “Endless Love” by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross. There's no love like first love, and first loves almost always start out as friends. In one of the best songs about friends falling in love, Lionel Richie and Diana Ross sing, “Two hearts that beat as one; our lives have just begun.”
- “My Best Friend” by Tim McGraw. In “My Best Friend,” Tim McGraw expresses beautifully how delightful it is to fall in love with your best friend. He feels more at ease with his beloved than with anybody else and shows his appreciation with lyrics like, “When my world goes crazy, you're right there to save me.”
- “A Song for You” by the Carpenters. In “A Song for You,” one of the best songs about friends falling in love, the Carpenters sing about a bond of love that transcends day-to-day roles. “When my life is over,” they sing, “remember when we were together. We were alone and I was singing this song for you.”
- “It Had to be You” by Frank Sinatra. A golden oldie, “It Had to be You” is about finding that special person to love, who already happens to be your friend. In one of the best songs about friends falling in love, Frank Sinatra croons, “For nobody else gave me a thrill; with all your faults, I love you still.”
- “When You Say Nothing At All” by Allison Krauss. Friends don't need to talk to feel comfortable with each other. Lovers communicate well through touch. When your lover is your best friend, as Allison Krauss sings in one of the best songs about friends falling in love, “You say it best when you say nothing at all.”
- “My Best Friend” by Weezer. In “My Best Friend,” a heartfelt tune about falling in love with your friend, Weezer sings about the simple joys of combining romantic love with friendship. “You are such a blessing,” they sing, “and I won't be messing with the one thing that brings light to all of my darkness.”
- “Here for You” by Firehouse. In one of the best songs about friends falling in love, Firehouse expresses yearning to take friendship to a new, romantic level. “Everyone needs someone to help them out,” they sing. “And you know I could be that someone.”
- “Crazy Love” by Van Morrison. “Crazy Love” celebrates in poetic fashion how, in the best of romantic relationships and friendships, lovers and friends may rely on each other. “I'm running to her like a river's song,” he sings. “Take away my heartache in the night, like a thief.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.