The 10 best songs about getting drunk cover all the bases. Goodtime drinking, trying to get in her pants drinking, trying to get her off your mind drinking, ain’t got no money drinking—you name it, we have it all right here for you.
- “Margaritaville.” Jimmy Buffet’s big hit about getting “wasted away” ranks number one on the list of the best songs about getting drunk. Every Parrothead knows by heart the words to what Buffet calls the National Anthem of the Island of Margaritaville.
- “Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Screw.” The perfect pickup line—if you want to get your face slapped—“Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Screw” is one of the best songs about getting drunk. The title of this Jimmy Buffet sing-along says in just seven words what every man wishes he had the guts to say to the hot blonde sitting at the bar completely oblivious to his existence.
- “Too Drunk to F***.” This love song from The Dead Kennedys could be the sequel to “Why Don’t We Get Drunk and Screw.” After all, getting her to agree is one thing; staying sober enough to perform is quite another. With beautiful lyrics like “And now I got diarrhea, too drunk to f***,” this romantic ballad wins a spot on the list of the best songs about getting drunk.
- “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.” Ever had the “house-rent blues”? George Thorogood has and that’s why he turns to a drinking regimen of “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.” The only place he feels at home is at the local bar, making this tune about being jobless—and soon-to-be homeless—one of the best songs about getting drunk.
- “Red, Red Wine.” Few things can drive a man to intoxication like a woman can. This one from Neil Diamond became a big hit for reggae band UB40 and makes our list of the best songs about getting drunk. A song that has a man singing to his “Red, Red Wine” and begging it to go to his head has to be one of the best ever written about drinking to excess.
- “Sloppy Drunk.” Any tune that begins with the words “I would rather be sloppy drunk, than anything I know” deserves a spot on our list of best songs about getting drunk. And when the great B.B. King sings “my gal done quit me for somebody else,” you just know he’s well on his way to getting “Sloppy Drunk.”
- “Kiss Me, I’m Shitfaced.” If the beautiful sentiment “So kiss me, I'm shitfaced, I'm soaked, I'm soiled and brown in the trousers” doesn’t melt the heart of your girl, she just ain’t worth kissing. This Irish sing-along from American punk band, Dropkick Murphys, earns a spot as one of our best songs about getting drunk – or if you prefer, shitfaced.
- “Let’s Go Get Stoned.” The title may sound like this song is about smoking weed, but in this case it has to do with drinking gin—in fact enough gin to get stoned. Joe Cocker’s version of “Let’s Go Get Stoned” performed in front of thousands of potheads at Woodstock no doubt contributes to its ties to drugs, but no matter how you get there, stoned is drunk and drunk is stoned.
- “Tequila Sunrise.” The Eagles hit it big with this song about dealing with—what else?—wanting a woman who doesn’t want you. And the way many men deal with that situation is to “take another shot of courage.” All the right ingredients are there (a lonely boy, unfulfilled desire, and booze) to make “Tequila Sunrise” one of the best songs about getting drunk.
- “Whiskey Lullaby.” The last entry on our list of best songs about getting drunk comes from Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss and is about as cheerful as a funeral—make that two funerals. A returning soldier “put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger” after finding his girl with another man. Unable to deal with the guilt, the cheating slut drinks herself to death too. And everyone lives happily ever after.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?