As the new year begins, it's a great opportunity to start thinking about the future and 10 songs about graduation. Whether you're looking for a class song, some music for an upcoming graduation party or even if you'd like a little inspiration, it's always nice to listen to graduation songs. Here's a list of some of the best songs about graduation and the changes that life has in store for the graduates.
- "Graduation (Friends Forever)" by Vitamin C: One of the best songs about graduation is"Graduation (Friends Forever)" as it helps to prepare the new graduate for some of the changes and challenges they might face while reassuring them that their friends will always be there.
- "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day: Another of the best graduation songs is the popular Green Day tune "Good Riddance." Also known as "Time of Your Life," this song sends the graduate off with the positive message that life can sometimes be unpredictable, but to make the most of it.
- "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield: This is one of the best songs about graduation because it tells the graduate to release their inhibitions and begin their lives. "Today is where your book begins; the rest is still unwritten." This song is about as inspiring as they come.
- "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan: If you're looking for one of the best songs about graduation and you don't want a dry eye in the house, listen to this one. A beautiful slow song, it embodies that fear many feel about losing their friends when they go away to college and the importance of making the most of these wonderful high school memories.
- "A Moment Life This" by Kelly Clarkson: "Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this," sings "American Idol" sensation Kelly Clarkson. This is one of the best graduation songs because it sums up that excitement and joy the graduate feels on this very special day.
- "This Is Your Life" by Switchfoot: From the album "Beautiful Letdown," Switchfoot's "This Is Your Life" is one of the best songs about graduation, reminding graduates to make the most of their lives and to follow their dreams. Don't worry about the past when the future stretches out before you.
- "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup: Many graduates think that life will be completely different when they graduate, but this song takes a humorous look at the things that often stay the same even after graduation.
- "My Generation" by The Who: If you're looking for a classic rock graduation song, you can't get any better than The Who's classic "My Generation." One of the best songs about graduation and the age generation gap, this is a great song that most kids can relate to, young and old alike.
- "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds: Originally making a debut in the popular '80s teen movie "The Breakfast Club," Simple Minds' "Don't You (Forget About Me) is a great song about graduation, because it's not only a timeless classic but it encourages the graduates to remember the great years that they had as well as those upcoming.
- "Photograph" by Nickelback: Another of the best songs about graduation and the change from teenager to adult is the popular Nickelback tune "Photograph." This beautiful song tells a story as the singer recalls the past through a series of photographs that were taken back with him and his friends.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.