The 10 songs about growing up are often used at graduation and birthday parties. Covering almost all genres of music, these heartfelt songs speak of the good and the bad parts of growing up. Before selecting one of these tunes for a special occasion, give them all consideration.
- "Cats in the Cradle" – Harry Chapin. Topping the list of songs about growing up is the tune of the father too busy to notice his son was growing up. This song acts as a lesson to all to take the time to spend with our children.
- "In My Life" – The Beatles. This Fab Four tune makes the list of songs about growing up. The tune recalls all the people and places in a boy's life as he grows up loving one girl.
- "Glory Days" – Bruce Springsteen. This tune on the list of songs about growing up recalls the days of high school. As the man looks back, he also looks forward in this upbeat tune.
- "Grandpa" – The Judds. This country tune hits the list of songs about growing up. A girl asked her grandpa to tell her of the times when family was important and people were friendly back when he was young.
- "At Seventeen" – Janis Ian. This tender ballad makes the list of songs about growing up. The song recounts growing up as the "not so pretty" girl.
- "Forever Young" – Rod Stewart. The song about watching your child grow up makes the list of songs about growing up. Ironic? The lyrics are a list of wishes and hopes for a young son as he grows.
- "High School Never Ends" – Bowling for Soup. This sad song about reality makes the list of songs about growing up. The lyrics tell youngsters that cliques and bullies will be with you forever.
- "There Goes My Life" – Kenny Chesney. This country tune comes in at number eight on the list of songs about growing up. The lyrics tell of a young father watching his daughter grow up and ultimately leave home.
- "Love without End, Amen" – George Strait. This entry on the list of songs about growing up talks about fathers loving their children through all stages of life. The upbeat and fun song is highly appropriate for the more religious person.
- "Father and Daughter" – Paul Simon. This sweet tune rounds out the list of songs about growing up. The lyrics recount how close a father and daughter can be as she grows up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.