10 Songs About Long Distance Love
If you were to make a list of 10 songs about long distance love, they would all have a similar trait: pulling the listener in. Songs about long distance love wake the romantic in us. The unrequited yearning of two people who are separated by geography has a magical quality when put to music that makes it such a popular subject to sing about.
- “Love is Waiting” by Brooke Fraser Lush chord changes and vocals that pulls the listener in, this is a sublime song by New Zealand singer/songwriter Brooke Fraser. Although she doesn’t mention the distance between her and her lover in the lyrics, the feeling is there, making it one of the ten songs about long distance love for every playlist.
- “Following Rita” by Train This song has all the ingredients to make it one of the ten songs about long distance love you must hear. An emotional goodbye at the airport, driving the miles to get back to the girl he loves, this song has it all.
- “Get Here” by Oleta Adams When you think of ten songs about long distance love, this classic hymn by Oleta Adams has to be mentioned. Their simple lyrics that speak to the listener’s heart.
- “Kiss the Rain” by Billie Myers United Kingdom songstress Billie Myers released this monster hit in the '90s and then quietly disappeared. An emotional song with a powerful performance by Miss Myers, it easily ranks amongst the best ten songs about long distance love.
- “Long Way Back Home" by Barenaked Ladies A melancholic number from the Canadian band, the song’s emotion is enhanced by the addition of a beautifully played lap steel guitar.
- “The Other Side of the World” by KT Tunstall From the singer’s debut album, this number about the distance between two lovers says it all. This song about long distance love that should be on everyone’s list.
- “Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T's This lovely acoustic tune put the Plain White T's on everyone’s radar. An ode to a girlfriend who is in another city, this is one of the ten songs about long distance love that everybody in a long distance relationship can listen to.
- “Hello, I’m in Delaware” by City And Colour A beautiful song about being on the road and far from the one you love. The chorus will speak to anyone who has been in a long distance relationship.
- “When It Don’t Come Easy” by Patty Griffin Although technically it isn’t about a long distance love, the emotional chorus resonates like one. A subtle introduction and plaintive vocal make this one of the ten songs about long distance love to have on your playlist.
- “Goodnight Elisabeth” by Counting Crows A song that speaks volumes about being far from the one you love could only come from someone like Adam Duritz, singer of the Counting Crows. Moving from place to place, the singer thinks about the girl he’s no longer near, waiting for her to come back to him.