Choosing a list of the top 10 songs about love at first sight is not an easy task since there have been a plethora of quality songs written on the subject. However, below is a list of popular songs about love at first sight.
- "I'm a Believer" "I'm a Believer," performed by the "Monkeys," was Billboard's top hit single in 1966. This love at first sight song is about a poor bloke who never thought love was meant for him until he saw a particular woman's face for the first time. The song was redid by the alternative rock band Smash Mouth in 2001, which was featured in the hit movie "Shrek."
- "Raspberry Beret" In 1985, controversial vocalist Prince released "Raspberry Beret" and the song climbed all the way to number two on the Billboard Top 100. "Raspberry Beret" is one of Prince's most popular songs among his fans as it tells a story about a teenage boy's first sexual experience with a girl he met that day.
- "Love at First Sight" How good can a love at first sight list be without a song titled "Love at First Sight"? Styx released "Love at First Sight" in 1991 and it became their last song to hit the Billboard Top 100 as it peaked at number 25. The song features a young man who grows infatuated with a woman he once had a one night stand with.
- "Strangers in the Night" One of Frank Sinatra's most popular songs, "Strangers in the Night" reached number one on the 1966 Billboard and Easy Listening charts. The song is about two strangers who exchanged glances one evening and knew it was love at first sight.
- "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" This song was Roberta Flack's first hit single as it won her a Grammy in 1972. The song talks about a lover who knew she met the man of her dreams the moment she saw his face.
- "Hey Lover" Popular rap artist "LL Cool J" makes the list with his 1995 hit single "Hey Lover." In this song about love at first sight, "LL Cool J" raps about making eye contact with a beautiful woman who was with her boyfriend. He considers trying to steal her away, yet just keeps following her while dreaming she is with him.
- "Lost in Your Eyes" Though 1980s pop phenom Debbie Gibson may now be more known for her impressive spread in the 2005 issue of "Playboy," "Lost in Your Eyes" was one of her biggest hits, as she sang about falling in love with someone as soon as she looked into his eyes.
- "Oh, Pretty Woman" Roy Orbison's 1964 hit single "Oh, Pretty Woman" spent three weeks as number one on the Billboard Top 100. The popular love at first sight song tells a story of a man who watches a beautiful woman walk by and wonders if she is as lonely as he is.
- "You Had Me From Hello" Kenny Chesney's "You Had Me From Hello" is a love song about a man who fell in love with his lover as soon as she said, "Hello." The song was released in 1999 and reached number one on the Hot Country Songs chart.
- "Surfer Girl" One of the Beach Boys' many hits, "Surfer Girl" peaked at number seven in 1963. The song is certainly about love at first sight as it features a gentleman who becomes infatuated over a girl he saw surfing and has been watching her ever since.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.