Choosing the 10 songs about relationships for 2010 is a little like shooting fish in a barrel. After all, aren't most popular songs about love and relationships? Well, here is a list of the cream of the crop.
- "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars — Bruno Mars has one of those smooth voices that makes you think he really knows a thing or two about relationships. He also knows the right things to say. Don't change a thing, he seems to be suggesting, because you're perfect exactly how you are.
- "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry — When we're young, we only want to grow up. Yet once we're grown, we want to act young again. This 2010 relationship is about the latter — wanting to act young again.
- "Love The Way You Lie" by Eminem Featuring Rihanna — You have to feel sorry for a woman that willingly lives with a liar. But that's exactly what Rihanna is doing with this song. Eminem plays a real jerk, too. This is what you would call a dysfunctional relationship.
- "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train — This song would have worked perfectly, had Soul Train still been on television. Even so, what woman doesn't like being called a soul sister? Having soul means you're really deep. And suggesting that the other is deep is a great way to enhance a relationship.
- "Misery" by Maroon 5 — Relationships can make you feel like a million bucks. But when they go bad, they leave you in misery. Maroon 5 is a group of hot looking guys, however, which means they won't be lonely or miserable for long.
- "Deuces" by Chris Brown — This is a song about knowing when to say "when" in a relationship. In other words, this 2010 song knows when a relationship is over. Chris Brown is moving on to greener pastures, so to speak.
- "Mine by Taylor Swift — One of the first words children learn to say is "mine". Taylor Swift still knows how to use the word. She's found a man that she can call mine in this 2010 relationship song.
- "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias — With this 2010 Enrique Iglesias relationship song, the man knows when he's found what he wants. If he likes it, he wants to keep it. It's a relationship built upon lust, of course, but it's still a relationship of sorts.
- "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga — Lady Gaga turns romance novel material into a pop song. And it's a bit hit pop song about relationships, too. In 2010, every short relationship ended with this song playing over the credits.
- "Grenade" by Bruno Mars — Bruno Mars, Mr. Lover Man, will die for his girl. He'd do anything in a relationship. But in this 2010 song, he's with a girl without that same diehard dedication.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.