The 10 songs about true love can inspire you and bring out emotions you did not know you possessed. Music has the ability to say what you cannot seem to fit into words. The next time you think about that someone special, give some thought to the ten songs about true love.
- "You Light Up My Life" (1977) – Joe Brooks. This song was also featured in a popular movie of the same name and released in the same year. The hit song was sung by Debby Boone. Because of her religious beliefs, Boone maintained that the song was about her love for God. The actual songwriter, Joe Brooks, has never clarified what the song is actually about. Regardless of the interpretation, this is one the ten songs about true love that will bring out the emotions.
- "Butterfly Kisses" (1997) – Bob Carisle/Randy Thomas. In the list of ten songs about true love, there are many forms of love. In the song "Butterfly Kisses" (1997), a father re-lives the important moments in his daughter's life before giving her away at the altar.
- "The Way You Look Tonight" (1936) – Dorothy Fields / Jerome Kerns. In the golden age of Hollywood, many true love songs were introduced in movies. The song "The Way You Look Tonight" (1936) was in the movie "Swing Time" (1936). It was sung by Fred Astaire to Ginger Rogers.
- "Always and Forever" (1977) – Rob Temperton. This R&B classic has been covered by many artists, but it was originally released by the band Heatwave in 1977. It has gone on represent the best of the ten songs about true love to many music fans.
- "Take My Breath Away" (1986) – Giorgio Moroder / Tom Whitlock. This song is from the hit movie "Top Gun" (1986), and that helped to make it one of the most popular songs of 1986. Its characteristic opening riff makes this song easy to remember.
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" (1970) – Paul McCartney. When Paul McCartney released his first solo album after the Beatles break-up, fans were unsure what to expect. The song "Maybe I'm Amazed" (1970) is a powerful ballad that belongs on the list of top ten songs about true love.
- "More Than Words" (1990) – Nuno Bettencourt / Gary Cherone. This song was a huge hit in 1990 for the band Extreme, but it only featured singer Gary Cherone and guitar player Nuno Bettencourt. It talks of the power of emotions and expression rather than using words.
- "After The Lovin'" (1977) – Engelbert Humperdink. In the 1960's and 1970's, Engelbert Humperdink was one of the most popular singers in the world. His ballad "After The Lovin'" (1977) helped to make him an international star.
- "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World" (1973) – Rory Michael Bourke / Billy Sherrill / Norro Wilson – This song was recorded by country singer Charlie Rich and became one of his best-known hits. It tells the story of a guy who said one too many things the night before to his lady, so she leaves. When he realizes what he did, he also realizes how much he loves her.
- "Love Of My Life" (1975) – Freddie Mercury. Freddie Mercury of Queen wrote this beautiful song for the Queen album "A Night At The Opera" (1975). It is a love ballad that band mate Brian May continued to sing for audiences after Freddie had passed away, and May would dedicate the song to Mercury's memory.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.