While getting over a breakup is tough for everyone, these 10 songs for the broken hearted can help you as you begin to pick up the pieces. The songs cover several genres, with lyrics that touch on every emotion that comes along with a broken heart. So download some songs, crank up the volume and sing along. You'll be feeling better in no time.
- "You Oughta Know" This Alanis Morrissette song is the breakup song of all breakup songs. A huge sensation when it debuted in 1995, the straightforward, in-your-face lyrics are just as relatable today and are a great way to vent your frustrations.
- "Gives You Hell" Some songs are about moving on in a mature, adult way and wishing your ex the best that life has to offer. This song by the All-American Rejects isn't one of them, however. This song is all about hoping that your ex is just as upset as you are and with any luck, even more.
- "Heartless" So it turns out even tough rappers can get their hearts stomped on. This popular Kanye West song is a top 10 song for the broken hearted because it proves that all guys can fall for a heartless girl from time to time.
- "Good Riddance" This Green Day tune, sometimes known as Time of Your Life, is a classic song about moving on. One of the band's more mellow tracks, this song easily makes the top 10 list of songs for the broken hearted because of its simple, relatable lyrics.
- "Since U Been Gone" Kelly Clarkson songs are a guilty pleasure for a lot of people and there's no better time to pull them out than when you have a broken heart. "Since U Been Gone" is an update pop tune with a rock edge and is all about getting over that special someone. And if anyone asks, just say your little sister downloaded it.
- "Picture" This song is makes the list of 10 songs for the broken hearted because it uniquely details a breakup from both the male and female perspective. This Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock song was a hit in both the country and pop genres, and was popular for its subtle vocals.
- "Here I Go Again" Everybody needs a little 80s rock in their lives. In this song, Whitesnake tells you to get off your butt and move on, in the way only an over-the-top hair band can.
- "I Hate Everything About You" No list of 10 songs for the broken hearted would be complete without a really angry rock song. This 3 Days Grace hit perfectly captures the feeling of trying to get over someone you still care about. Sing along to get out some of your frustrations.
- "When It's Over" It's hard to be laid-back when you're suffering from a broken heart, but Sugar Ray manages to do just that in this song. The up-tempo, pop lyrics somehow manage to put a positive spin on a broken heart and are sure to make you feel at least a little bit better after listening.
- "Song for the Dumped" The title of this Ben Folds Five song says it all. It's no fun being dumped and this song's lyrics detail the aftermath of "the talk." No list of 10 songs for the broken hearted would be complete without it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.