Enjoy 10 songs to pump you up for football games on every game night. When it comes to enjoying football games, whether at the stadium or with your eyes fixed to the television, there is nothing like a great song to lift your spirits and get you ready for the game. Music is essential to the enjoyment of the game, as is evidenced by the accompaniment of marching bands to games both amateur and professional all over the country.
- "Not Gonna Give Into It" by Olivia Newton-John in an exuberant anthem from her 1994 album, "Gaia." Its upbeat tempo, inspirational lyrics and message of survival make it a great song for the game. It is especially great for half-time, encouraging the losing team to persevere and the winning team to keep it up.
- "Are You Ready for Some Football?" by Hank Williams, Jr. is the perfect football anthem. It was even written for Monday Night Football, as an adaptation of an earlier hit song of his. It can get anybody ready to enjoy a big game.
- "Lose Yourself" by Eminem reminds players to take advantage of the opportunities that the football game gives them. The lyrics are powerful, with a warning of how some only get one shot, yet the song has a positive vibe. It is great for any football game.
- "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen is an energetic, fun song for the football game. It has been connected with football for many years, and it can be a triumphant song for the winning team, implying that the win left yet another team defeated in their victory.
- "Where Is The Love?" by the Black-Eyed Peas is a song that encourages peace, love and understanding. It is fast-paced, with strong beats and an even stronger message. It encourages the opposing teams to keep it real and kind, even when facing opposite sides in a game.
"Waiting All Day For Sunday Night" by Faith Hill was written for NBC's Sunday Night Football. Based on "I Hate Myself for Loving You"" by Joan Jett, this exuberant song introduces the game night, and it is perfect for Sunday night football games, whether they are professional, college level, amateur or for kids.
- "How Do You Like Me Now?" by Toby Keith is a country song that is great for pumping players up for a great game. With this song that lets them bask in their glory, players can gloat with the fun, tongue-in-cheek and triumphant lyrics. The music video to this song was set on a football field, and any game can benefit with this song as part of its soundtrack.
- "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John is a joyful song that will pump players up to be ready to run, play and celebrate victory. It is a great opener song for football games, having a fun, double meaning in a game, as football players inevitable get physically active when racing with the ball, blocking and scoring.
- "Boys of Fall" by Kenny Chesney celebrates the joy of the game and the spirit of football. As a country hit by the superstar singer, its a crossover hit, although undeniably country at heart. It tells the story of high school football, yet is universal for all football games.
- "We Will Rock You" by Queen will really pump up both players and fans for a great football game. It is a traditional song for the season, and it is easy for a sing-along as well. It gets the message of unity and teamwork across, while also being a lot of fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream