It's hard to say the words, but with these 10 songs that say goodbye you can kiss, walk away and there will be no more pain. Your love affair will be over with no remorse, only the feeling that it was a love that could have been but never was. It will be something that songs are made of and memories will be those that are cherished forever:
- The Manhattans "Let's Just Kiss and Say Goodbye." Tells the story of a love affair that is finally being brought to an end. Topped the chart in 1976 for two weeks.
- Boyz II Men "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday." Soundtrack song for the 1975 hit movie "Cooley High" starring Glynn Turmann, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and Garrett Morris.
- Lee Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance." A beautiful song from the Soundtrack on Tyler Perry's movie "Family That Prey's" starring Kathy Bates and Alfre Woodard. A song about enjoying life one day at a time because life is only promised from one day to the next and each day we should enjoy the simple pleasures.
- The Jackson's "Never Can Say Goodbye." Originally recorded in 1971 by the Jackson's. Written by Clifton Davis. Rerecorded in 1974 by Gloria Gaynor and placed number nine on the charts during the disco era.
- George Michael "Careless Whisper." From the 1984 hit album "Make it Big" by the group Wham, in which George Michael is still performing.
- Wham "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go." Wham said goodbye to their rebellious more conservative image and reemerged as a brighter, happier, more cheerful group. "Wake me up Before You Go Go" made the group a hit.
- John Denver "Leaving On A Jet Plane." This song was written by John Denver in 1966 and recorded by the Chad Mitchell trio in 1967. Later the same year it was recorded by Spanky and Our Gang. In 1969, the group, Peter Paul and Mary recorded it to become a hit that same year.
- Rolling Stones "Ruby Tuesday." Written by Mick Jagger regarding his girlfriend or a free spirited woman. Either story may be true depending on when you ask Mick Jagger.
- R Kelly "I Believe I Can Fly." This 1996 song, which has been associated with the NBA's Michael Jordan, has also been used to inspire more than any other song. "I Believe I can fly" is number one in the UK and was number two on the billboard Hot 100.
- Bette Midler "Wind Beneath My Wings." Written by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley in 1982, this song has been recorded by hundreds of artist. But no version has been more popular than the one Bette Midler recorded in 1990, which reached number one on the Hot 100 billboard. She won a Grammy Award for her version.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …