10 Spiritual Intimacy Tips
These 10 spiritual intimacy tips are designed to join two separate souls into one belief. The process is simplistic and only requires the needed time to perform. For the spiritual person, these tips may strengthen the relationship you share with your mate. For others, it may bring them to a new understanding of spirituality.
- Start by mediating together. Spiritual intimacy begins with sharing quiet meditation with your partner. This silent activity does not require any uncomfortable moments of faith testing. Some may choose to hold hands during the process while others simply sit side-by-side.
- Inspire your partner. The next of the spiritual intimacy tips involves inspiration. Give your partner spiritual inspiration by praising their good works and showing appreciation for their beliefs.
- Talk about the subject. Spiritual intimacy would not be complete without conversation and communication being a part. Talk openly with your partner about their spiritual beliefs. Reflect on where these beliefs came from.
- Look into your partner's soul. Another spiritual intimacy tip involves actually looking into your mate's eyes. The eyes are known to be the window of the soul. Spend quiet time looking into each other's eyes, connecting on a higher level.
- Touch your partner's exterior. Along with inner touching, spiritual intimacy includes touching on the outside. Explore the outer make-up of your partner. Touch each part of their body.
- Create a shared ritual. Amongst the spiritual intimacy tips is the suggestion of creating your own spiritual ritual. This may be as simple as lighting a candle for one another each morning or as complicated as designated ceremonies on a regular basis.
- Do not be afraid of the word "Hedonism". Seek out pleasure with your partner. Without making it all-about-you, find the things your partner does and encourage these behaviors. This will lead to more mutual pleasure.
- Let your curiosity run wild. Ask your partner any questions which may have left you curious in the past. Ask about the scars on their knees or the crook in their ear.
- Make love. The act of sex is included in spiritual intimacy. When partners share their bodies as a real expression of love, it bonds them emotionally and spiritually.
- Pray together. The last of the spiritual intimacy tips involves being comfortable enough with your partner to come out of the prayer closet and give praise and thanks together. A prayer ritual is fine, or traditional prayer, simply done as two instead of one. This will complete your spiritual connection if you have taken the time to head the other tips.