Before the article progresses onto these 10 squash court construction tips, let us first dish out some factual information for those interested in squash court construction. A squash court of international standards is 32-feet in length and 21-feet in width. This is the bare minimum that those interested should know. As for the rest of the tips regarding squash court construction, so here they go:
- First find a location that could be easily converted into a squash court. There are no restrictions however. A squash court could be inside or outside.
- Now some tips regarding the walls of a squash court as the walls are considered by many the most integral component of a squash court. Besser blocks are relatively cheaper as compared to bricks however they fill to retain moisture. As for renders, thick fibro is an option, especially over brick, if are not too concerned about the hollow sound it generates when the ball makes contact.
- The walls need to be extremely smooth. There shouldn’t be any lumps so the bounce is not deceiving.
- Ensure that the walls do not break up, exposing patched holes, especially at the centre of the front wall, where most of the power serves are directed.
- Repetitive play leaves marks on the walls and makes cleaning an important aspect. Hence, while selecting the type of walls, keep in mind that they should be easily cleaned.
- As for floors, you have a couple of alternatives. You could use conventional sprung wood. However, it is sure to inflate your budget; if you want the professionals to take care of the floors, you could also use the ‘Rebound Ace’ flooring. These surfaces reduce injuries and enhance performance. Concrete flooring should be avoided as it could cause injuries.
- There are certain lighting requirements that also should be met. The minimum lighting requirement in accordance with the World Squash Federation is in technical jargon, 500 Lux calculated in the height of 1.0 meter.
- You would also have to be wary of the climate conditions. The ideal recommended temperature is 15 to 20 degrees Celsius. Hence air and heating should be provided.
- For ventilation purposes, there should be at least four complete air changes/hour when the game is on.
- To prevent the lob serves from hitting the ceiling, the ceiling needs to relatively elevated.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.