There are at least 10 stupid catchy songs that most people cannot help but hum to themselves, or worse, get stuck in their heads. They are irritating, stupid, easily recognizable and some will remain classics that your grandchildren’s grandchildren will play. If you have a little one at home, keep them in the dark about the following stupid songs or they may use it against you someday.
- “The Song that Never Ends” by Norman Martin. This catchy children’s song was funny the first two times you sang it. However, many adults are willing to do unmentionable things to prevent ever hearing this stupid tune again.
- “Mmmbop” by Hanson. Once loved by teen girls across the nation, this once popular stupid song can easily bore into your brain if you are not careful. The remedy for this is to imaging how the Hanson brothers, who are now adults, would sound if they sang it this stupid song today. There is a reason adults never got into “Mmmbop.”
- “My Humps” by the Black Eyed Peas. "What you gon' do with all that junk? All that junk inside that trunk?/I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk, Get you love drunk off my hump." It’s hard for anyone to deny they know at least some of the words to this stupid catchy song.
- “Blue” by Eiffel 65. “I have a blue house with a blue window…” The catchy song makes no sense, but it is hard to turn off when you hear it on the radio.
- “Macarena” by Los del Rio. This catchy song was called a “cultural phenomenon” by some and was considered a pandemic by the rest.
- “Who Let the Dog’s Out?” by the Baha Men. This is the one stupid catchy song your parents may very well know all the lyric to and bark as they sing it to your dog.
- “Cotton Eye Joe.” This is a traditional, stupid North American Folk song that you can’t help but slap your knee when you hear it, and then wonder why you did that as you tap your toes.
- “867-5309/Jenny” by Tommy Tutone. The only part anyone can ever remember from this stupid song is the phone number.
- “U Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer. “Stop! Hammer time!” The only thing this stupid song was ever good for was creating parodies and making fun of MC Hammer.
- “Brass Monkey” by the Beastie Boys. How in the world did the Beastie Boys come up with these dumb lyrics, and why is it so hard to get out of your head?
Catchy songs are like a plague. It can be hard to prevent their appearance and even harder to get rid of them. Once someone is humming the tune to one, everyone else does as well.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.