Need to know ten successful Asian entrepreneurs? While many don't know it, a lot of popular companies were formed by Asians! Here, we're going to list ten successful Asian entrepreneurs and tell you what made them so successful. Enjoy!
- Charles Wang. Charles Wang is a very successful entrepreneur. He is the founder, chairman, and CEO of the Computer Associates International Inc. Wang makes up to $4.8 billion a year from Computer Associates. He's been through nineteen hard years of work and conquests with software rivals. It is predicted that by 2011, he will have caught up to Microsoft, which will be Computer Associate's main rival and competitor.
- James J. Kim. Like Charles Wang, he is the founder, chairman, and CEO of his own company. His company is Amkor Technology Inc, which deals with semiconductor packaging and wafer fabrication. By 1998, Amkor had become the world's leading fabricator, making chips for Texas Instruments, Philip, Motorola, and other companies. In the water fabricating department, he was testing plants in Korea, Philippines, Texas, Arizona, Idaho, and California.
- James Chu. James Chu is the founder, chairman, and CEO of the PC monitor making company ViewSonic. In the early years of ViewSonic, it was almost the largest PC monitor making company at the time. It reached this goal in late 1998. However, when other monitor making companies emerged, sales went down and profits went down for ViewSonic. Currently, James Chu is pushing out millions for ads for ViewSonic to try to boost its sales once again.
- Jerry Yang. Jerry Yang is the co-founder and co-chief of Yahoo! Inc. Yahoo!, as you probably know, is a web directory and search engine. Jerry Yang and David Filo first came up with the idea after a slur was tossed at them from Filo's father. By early 1995, Yahoo! was book marked on every single browser.
- Cyris Tang. Tang is the founder, chairman, and CEO of Tang Industries. Tang Industries is involved in metal fabricating, pharmaceuticals, and office furniture. Tang Industries was formed in 1971. Tang Industries peak year of success was 1995 with revenues of $1,400,000,000. Unlike most other entrepreneurs who manage to be successful, Tang managed to do it without giving up any equity.
- Bill Mow. Bill Mow is the founder, chairman, and CEO of the sportswear for boys and men company, Bugle Boy. Mow formed Bugle Boy in 1976, but most of his success come about 3 years after bugle boy's creation. Between 1980 and 1989, Bugle Boy had an average growth rate of 90%. However, this stopped in 1992, when Bugle Boy was stuck at the $500 million mark. To this day, Mow is still aiming for the billion dollar mark for his company.
- Tei Fu Chen and Oi Lin Chen. Tei Fu Chen and his wife Oi Lin Chen formed the company Sunrider International together. Tei Fu Chen is the Chairman and CEO of Sunrider International while Oi Lin Chen is the President and COO of the company. The produce Herbal foods, cosmetics and household products.
- John Tu. John Tu is the co-founder and CEO of the company Kingston Technology Corp. They produce memory modules and many other pc add-ons. The Kingston Technology company was started up in 1987. During the decade after 1987, sales skyrocketed from zero to a whopping $2 billion and more. In August of 1996, John Tu and the other co-founder David Sun sold Kingston Technology to Masayoshi Son's Softbank for $1.5 billion.
- Steve Kim. Steve Kim is a very successful Asian entrepreneur that founded the company Xylan Technologies, which produces routing hubs for corporate networks. He is also the chairman and CEO of the company. Kim formed Xylan Technologies in 1993 to make electronics.
- Henry Yuen. Our final successful Asian entrepreneur is Henry Yuen. He is the co-founder, chairman, and CEO of the company Gemstar International Group Ltd. The company developed systems for simplified programming of VCRs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.