10 Summer Date Ideas: Denver
Summertime in Denver offers sunny days, warm nights, and a wide variety of attractions and locations to enjoy a romantic day with your special someone. Whether you are looking to spend some quality time with your lover or are seeking a fun-filled day, you will find the perfect date location in the Mile High City.
- Lookout Mountain. Located only 20 minutes from Denver, Lookout Mountain is a scenic drive filled with beautiful hiking trails your can explore with your sweetheart. Buffalo Bills's grave is also located on the mountain, making this a must-visit locale for history enthusiasts. Pack a picnic lunch and head west on I70 towards the mountains to enjoy an adventurous day with your lover.
- Denver Zoo. The Denver Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the west, and is home to a wide variety of exotic animals from around the world. The zoo hosts a free admission day each month, making this an affordable summer date idea in Denver.
- Elitch Gardens. Formerly part of the Six Flags franchise, Elitch Gardens is an amusement and water park that offers a wide variety of rides for thrill-seekers of all ages. Spend the day riding roller coasters or water slides with your special someone.
- Waterworld. Waterworld is a large water park filled with slides, tube rides and wave pools, making it the perfect summer date location on a hot day. Pack a lunch and spend the day cooling off in the water.
- Taste of Colorado. Taste of Colorado is an annual food festival hosted on the 16th Street Mall in the heart of downtown Denver each Labor Day weekend. It is the largest free event in the state, and will enable you to taste food from dozens of different Denver restaurants while listening to live local music. This free event is a must-try date idea to celebrate the end of summer.
- Venice on the Creek. If you are seeking a romantic, intimate date with your loved one, few summer dates compare to Venice on the Creek. You and your special someone will enjoy a private gondola ride down Cherry Creek through the canals of Denver, much like gondola rides made famous in Italy. Afterwards, you can enjoy dinner at one of the many Denver restaurants located within blocks of the creek.
- Mile High Flea Market. The Mile High Flea Market brings together dozens of vendors offering everything from gold jewelry to fire roasted chili peppers. Located on several acres of land, it is one of the largest flea markets in the state. On a warm, sunny day, the Mile High Flea Market is the perfect place to shop inexpensively with your significant other.
- Red Rocks. Red Rocks is located just a few minutes from Denver, and features beautiful scenery as well as a large outdoor amphitheatre. During the summer, the amphitheatre is the perfect place to see a live concert or enjoy a movie during the season long "Movies on the Rocks" attractions. If you and your lover are outdoor enthusiasts, there are also a number of hiking trails located within the park.
- 16th Street Mall. Located in the heart of downtown Denver, the 16th Street Mall is an outdoor shopping and dining plaza perfect for window shopping and spending time with your special someone. Whether you want to treat her to a new outfit from one of the many onsite retailers or want to enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the restaurants and lounges, the 16th Street Mall conveniently offers a little bit of everything.
- City Park Jazz. Each summer, City Park hosts a season long jazz music festival in the heart of downtown. Each weekend you can visit the park and enjoy live music with your lover.