10 Super Exotic Sports Cars
Looking for 10 super exotic sports cars? These 10 super exotic sports cars come from all over the world, but the cream of the group come from the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy. Tastes in cars change over time, but super exotic autos go on the market every year. Some cars are considered timeless the minute they hit the market. Regardless of the decade or design tastes, this group of 10 super exotic cars draw appreciation from auto fans.
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Gullwing. Taking a page from the Gullwings produced from 1955 through 1957, the 2010 MB SLS AMG Gullwing is fast. The car zooms from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds. The only downside is the fact that the car only makes thirteen miles per gallon in fuel economy. Ringing up at a base price of $200,000, the price for the MB SLS AMG Gullwing might also be considered a negative.
- Ferrari California. This super exotic sports car is a mid-front, eight-cylinder vehicle in the Gran Turismo style. It also features seven gears, dual clutch transmission and a direct gas-injection engine. The company claims it pays homage to the 250 California auto built in 1957.
- Lamborghini Murcielago. This exotic sports car will set you back from $354,000 to $450,000, but it features 631 horsepower in a V-12 engine. Named for a famous bull of bull-fighting fame, the car powers from zero to 62 mph in 3.4 seconds. The targa top adds to the exterior sporty styling.
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti. This new classic is named for the legendary Ferrari body designer Sergio Scaglietti. The sleek design is modeled after the Ferraris constructed in the 1950s and 1960s. Four passengers can take in the sights from this car. The front engine, Berlinetta model also has rear-wheel drive.
- Lamborghini Gallardo. The Gallardo has plenty of company on the road. While the other ultra, super exotic models on the list are made in limited models, the Gallardo has been produced since 2003. This V-10, five-liter engine churns out 500 horsepower. It makes zero to 60 just under four seconds, with a cruising speed of 192 mph.
- Aston Martin DB9. The Aston Martin car company was sold by Ford Motor Company in 2007 and the cars are now produced by a joint venture between Ford, a British businessman and an investment group located in Kuwait. The cars are currently made in England. The DB9 regularly makes the top of exotic car lists due to it's styling, power and handling.
- Aston Martin Vantage. More va-voom from the Aston Martin makers. The superb handling is the hallmark of this exotic sports car. The Vantage takes its name from the 1970s classic model, but with a price tag for the basic model of $120,000, its a bit more pricey than the 1970s version.
- Audi R8. The Audi R8 starts at a base price of $114,200, with options for a 4.2 FSI six-speed manual and R-tronic transmissions. A 5.2 FSI is also an option. The automatic 5.2 rings up at $155,000. This mid-engine exotic sports car features a space-age design and out-of-this-world speed.
- Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Ferrari makes the super exotic sports cars list with another model. Just a bit slower than the California, the Fiorano clocks in zero to 100 kilometers in just 3.7 seconds. The car is named after the trail circuit used by the company to test cars.
- Ferrari F458 Italia. This eight-cylinder Berlinetta has a mid-rear mount engine and room for two passengers. Another one of the best super exotic sports cars, this model gives Ferrari a record number of entries on this list.