10 Tactical Krav Maga Tips
If you are getting into Krav Maga, you should know 10 tactical Krav Maga tips. These tips will not only help you practice your tactical Krav Maga technique, but will also inform you of things you need to keep in mind if you’re to ever get into a real fight that requires you to use your Krav Maga skills.
- Keep up the strength training even while practicing your tactical Krav Maga. Doing so will not only make your hits harder, it will allow you to build muscle and immediately learn how to control your new strength while using your training Krav Maga training.
- Understand Tactical Krav Maga. The basis of Krav Maga is using not only your body as a weapon, but of using your opponent’s weakness as a weapon also. The primary focus of tactical Krav Maga is know where and how to hit your opponent.
- There are two parts to tactical Krav Maga: the obvious physical aspect, but also the mental aspect. If you are serious about learning tactical Krav Maga, you need to seek out some classes. Make sure these classes not only teach how to take down your opponent, but also open you up to be able to do what you have to do to protect yourself!
- Be sure, if you get in a real life dangerous situation, to be intelligent about fighting back. If you know when to use your tactical Krav Maga, you might as well not know it at all. If you are being attacked and they are demanding your wallet, give it to them. If they say they are planning on killing you, then it’s time to use your tactical Krav Maga.
- If disarming an opponent, turn the weapon, be it a gun or a knife, towards their thumb. If you push the weapon towards the palm of the hand holding it, they will be able to hold it. This is a basic technique taught in tactical Krav Maga.
- Practice your learned Krav Maga techniques on a regular basis. Keep in mind that anything you learn will be useless in a real life situation if you can’t remember what to do.
- To properly practice your techniques, find a training partner and simulate a real life dangerous situation. Take turns with your partner playing the criminal and you playing the victim and be sure to act like your common criminal who is not expecting these Krav Maga moves.
- Supplement your tactical Krav Maga training with some other type of martial arts. If you aren’t only interested in self defense, then you will want to take another type of martial art such as karate where the competitions and such are held. Even if you aren’t interested in this, consider dabbling in it as it will only make your technique better to learn about other aspects of fighting.
- Learn the pressure points of the body. These are essential to Krav Maga technique; the basic one that every fighter should know are the carotid artery in either side of the neck. From there, move on to your more difficult to locate pressure points to open up your options of self defense!
- Only seriously use the tactical Krav Maga techniques you learn on serious criminals. The jest is, don’t hit as hard as you can in practice. Keep in mind you could seriously injure somebody with these techniques so your best bet is to not to make contact with hits, and just simulate where you will hit someone.