10 Things To Talk About On A First Date
The top 10 things to talk about on a first date are topics to help you learn more about your date and feel more comfortable around each other. While you may not talk about everything on this list, it will help get the night started and attract attention away from your sweaty and nervousness. Read on and win yourself a second date:
- Your nerves. At the beginning of the date, ask your date how she is doing. When she returns the question, admit to being a little nervous (if it is the truth) and excited for your first date. Although it may not be “macho” to admit you are a little nervous, stating this will show your date you are okay expressing your feelings.
- Siblings. While talking about parents can be a sore subject, talking about siblings on a first date shows you are interested in her family life and can trigger happy emotions and memories. Just avoid asking if she has cute sisters.
- Work. Talking about work is generally a safe subject on a first date. In addition to being something to talk about, it can help you learn if your date is a flake. A girl who cannot hold down a job for more than a month usually turns her men away in the same amount of time.
- Hobbies. Learning about what your date likes to do in her free time is a good way to get ideas for a second date. Additionally, you may find you have something in common.
- The area. If you and your date live in the same area, ask her how long she has lived there. If she has lived there for several years, ask your date about her favorite hangout spots to get ideas for places to go after your first date. If she is new to the area, take your date to your favorite hangout spots on future dates.
- Pet peeves. Pet peeves are a great thing to talk about on a first date because this activity can be fun. However, it is also a great way to learn the little things that annoy your date so you can avoid doing them in the future.
- Favorite music, movies and TV shows. A good way to see how much you have in common, learning her media favorites can sometimes tell a lot about a girl. If your date is into boy bands, romantic comedies and soap operas, she may live with her head in the clouds. Talking about media favorites on a first date can give you insight into her intellect.
- Favorite foods. Learning about her favorite foods can give you more information about your date’s cultural background and foods to avoid in the future. This topic for a first date is also a good way to get ideas for future date locations.
- Pets. Talking about animals on a first date can give you another clue about how well you two will mesh. If you love animals and she does not, find out why. Her reason could be as simple as bad allergies. However, if you are not too keen on pets and your date has seven cats, this could be a sign that you two may not get along.
- Favorite jokes. Laughter is one of the best ways to learn about your date’s sense of humor and ease any tension, especially on a first date. Ask your date about her favorite jokes, and tell her your favorite goofy jokes. Be sure to avoid jokes that are racist, sexist, about a religion or politics.