10 Tips For Archery Deer Hunting
When hunting season comes, be aware of these 10 tips for archery deer hunting so that you can have a successful hunt. Using the bow and arrow may be a bit difficult but when you have made your shot, it can be very rewarding.
- Obviously, you will need to master using your bow and arrow. Some people make the mistake of going archery hunting like they know everything and end up being frustrated because they haven’t practiced more. Surely, you won’t like to end up just like them.
- Hunting without a plan is just like attacking the enemy without a weapon, so you might as well have one. It is important that you know the exact location of where you’re going to archery hunt, including other necessary things that you need to carry out there.
- Set your bow at a weight that you can carry well, the weight you are comfortable with. Do not place it in the maximum draw weight if you can’t handle that. Better lower it so that you can shoot your target deer.
- Brightly colored archery arrows are recommended so that when you miss a shot, you can find them easily. This will also help a lot when you are watching the arrow if it will hit your targeted deer.
- Don’t just take care of your camouflage, you’ll have to watch your bow too. Make sure that there are no shiny faces or bright colors since these can easily be spotted by deer.
- Choose your clothes well. There are hunting clothes available and it is recommended that you use them on your archery hunting trip. These clothes will not just serve as your camouflage but they are also important for your safety. Also, if you wear bulky clothes, these may get in the way of the bow string making it hard for you to shoot.
- Don’t shoot if you are not certain. Make sure that everything is right before making the shot. If you make a wrong shot, you might end up having a wounded deer, and it would be terrible taking another shot just to finish it off.
- Learn how to determine the range of the shots that you make and practice a lot before your hunting days. Shooting deer is usually done in a short distance but if you want to be accurate with your shot, better know the range.
- Silence is golden when you are archery deer hunting. Make only the necessary noise that are needed for s small sound can make the deer run away.
- Position and stance are two very important things when you are about to make a shot. These can affect the accuracy of the shot you’re going to make so you have to be comfortable with your position before making the hit.
Posted on: Jan. 24, 2011