10 Tips For Coping With A Break Up
These 10 tips for coping with a break up may not take away the pain completely, but they will assist in pulling you through this difficult time. Break ups are not easy on anyone. Even when a relationship goes completely wrong, heartstrings of attachment remain. Follow these tips to get through a little easier.
- Take the time to cry. The first tip for coping with a break up is to get out the box of tissue or the roll of toilet paper and cry. Get comfortable, kick your feet up and let it all out. Cry until you cannot cry anymore. While the feeling will still be there, the tears will end.
- Rock the refrigerator. The next tip for coping with a break up is to eat whatever, whenever you want. Do not fear eating a pound of candy or a box of donuts. Now is a time to focus on you and what you need.
- Sleep. A simple tip for coping with a break up is to sleep. Lay on the bed in your most comfortable clothes and drift off into dream land. The body recovers from stress and trauma through sleep. Get as much as you can.
- Watch your favorite movies. This tip for coping with a break up involves viewing the movies your ex did not appreciate, but you love. This may be the first time in a long time that you have seen them.
- Make the list. This tip for coping with a break up involves creating a "Cons" list for your ex. Write down all the reasons he wasn't right for you. This may include snoring, bad taste in movies, television, clothing or food. List all the things that he ever said that bothered you, excluding the break-up.
- Get rid of the past. Take this tip for coping with a break up and gather up all the items you have that remind you of your ex. Throw them in a dumpster or if possible, invite friends over for a bonfire made up of the items.
- Do something just for you. The next tip for coping with a break up is to do something just for you such as a trip to the salon or the mall. Buy those shoes you've had your eye on or try a new hairstyle.
- Go out on the town. This tip for coping with a break up involves going to club with friends or out to dinner with someone special in your life. Dancing the night away or devouring delicious food will let you forget about your ex, if only for a bit.
- Try something new. Take this tip for coping with a break up and try a new hobby. Gaming, reading or volunteering will take up the time you once wasted on your ex.
- Move on. The final tip for coping with a break up is to move on. Date that guy from the library who has always showed interest or your best friend's cousin who asked you out last summer. There is someone out there who will appreciate spending a fun date with you.