These are 10 tips for dating a forty year old woman that will win you her respect, affection and possible, with time, her love. Dating a forty year-old woman can be rewarding and fulfilling. It can also be sensitivity mine field, if you're not careful. Lets look at ten tips for dating a forty year-old woman.
- Don't flatter her by telling her she looks twenty. Women of forty have been around the block. They know a line when they hear one so don't try this one, as it will fall like a hunk of lead and the silence between you after it hits the floor will be deafening. Instead, pay her a genuine compliment such as, "You have beautiful skin." or "I love the way your eyes turn turquoise in the sunlight."
- If she has children, don't tell her how to discipline or raise them. You do not have that right, yet. Try to win the respect of the children by treating them and their mother with respect.
- Don't ogle other women when you are dating a forty year old woman, especially younger women. This is extremely disrespectful and obnoxious and if your date is particularly sensitive about her age, it can be humiliating for her as well.
- Don't reference the difference in your ages by saying things like "I wasn't born when you did that." or "What was it like in those days?" Instead, focus on the things you have in common, such as current muscle taste, movies, or politics.
- Don't act like a little boy so that you can get the "mother" treatment when dating a forty year old woman. If she's forty, chances are she's already raised or is raising children and she's not looking to raise one more. Keep it fun and exciting, but leave the immaturity at home.
- Be a gentleman. Older women appreciate being treated like a lady. Pull her chair out, open the car door and help her on with her coat. Old fashion romance goes a long way when dating a forty year old woman. Send her flowers out of the blue and surprise her with a special gift, even if its not a special occasion.
- Do a little research about her generation. Listen to the music, watch the hit movies and television shows and learn about the history of her times. She will be impressed with your efforts and you won't embarrass her in front of her friends when the conversations turns to All In The Family and you don' have a clue what they are talking about.
- Don't ask questions about her ex or other dating relationships. It's none of your business. If she wants you to know, she will tell you. It makes you appear nosey and insecure.
- Be tender in bed and allow her take the intuitive if she chooses. Chances are, at her age, she knows what she wants and can teach you a thing or two about how to please her.
- Learn to take no for an answer. When it's over, its over. Don't beg, cajole, whine or threaten when she is ready to move on and tells you this. Chances are she will still remain your friend, if the break is mature and amicable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.