If you have found an attractive Muslim girl whom you want to ask out on a date, these 10 tips for dating Muslim girls will really help you. Although girls do have a lot of common characteristics, their natures are certainly influenced by their cultures and it would help you to know what to do.
- Keep an open mind. It is easy to be judgmental in many situations, especially if the girl you have your eye on is from a background different from yours. Whether or not you yourself are a Muslim, keep your prejudices aside. Do not expect the girl to fit to any stereotypes. Muslim girls are portrayed as shy and introverted as opposed to carefree American girls. This not often true.
- Be considerate. Every religion and culture has their own customs. Respect that and respect her religion.
- Do background work. Muslim girls come from different countries. If you do not know which country your girl is from, find out so that you do not commit awkward mix ups like calling a Bangladeshi, Indian.
- Dressing. There are many perfectly outgoing Muslim girls who wear khimar (the headscarf). Wearing this doesn’t change what kind of person she is. Not wearing the headscarf doesn’t change her either.
- Timing. Religious Muslims have to pray five times a day–there are specific times to do this. Make sure your date;s schedule does not impede on this before asking her out. Also, do not keep her out late if she needs to go for the last prayer before midnight. She may tell you these things, but it would be nicer if you knew beforehand and be courteous.
- Ordering Dinner. Eating pork is not allowed in Islam. While some people may be liberal about this, many are not. If you suggest a pork dish, do mention that it is pork and order it only if she is okay with it.
- Be careful about drinks. Consumption of alcohol is prohibited by Islam. Again, some may follow this rule while others may not. Do ask before you order.
- Stick to personal or harmless topics. Keep off controversial topics at least until you know the girl very well. Do not discuss topics such as the India-Pakistan conflict if she is Pakistani or Indian. She will either hate it or it would lead to prejudices. Likewise for Palestine and Israel.
- Body contact. Some Muslim girls may consider signs of affection such as hand holding a taboo (many consider Islam to be against it) while others may not. It is better to be careful.
- Ramadan. Throughout the month of Ramadan, religious Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. Usually after sunset, they break the fast and there would be prayers. Hence, if it is the month of Ramadan, do not ask her out for a date, especially during the day. You may be turned down.
These tips for dating Muslim Women will help you to a certain extent. The rest will depend on you and the girl.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...