10 Tips For Dealing With Breaking Up
If you've been dumped, then you definitely need these ten tips for dealing with breaking up. It might seem like the end of the world, but these tips for dealing with breaking up can help you through this difficult time and see the sunshine again. Everything is going to be okay as long as you heed these tips for dealing with breaking up.
- Stop contacting them. This might seem like a no-brainer, but one of the best tips for dealing with breaking up is to cut off your contact with them. Stop calling them, e-mailing them, and even texting them. Doing so will give you space to breath and to adjust to being on your own.
- Get rid of anything that reminds you of them. This includes pictures, gifts, and notes. It might be difficult if you've accumulated a lot of stuff during the course of your relationship, but it will help.
- Find a new hobby. Take all your free time and find something to occupy yourself with. It could be knitting, running, or even building airplane models. If you're serious about dealing with breaking up, you need to give yourself something to take up the time you used to spend with your other half.
- Reconnect with your friends. When in a relationship, it's easy to forgo hanging out with your friends to spend with your girlfriend. After the relationship has run its course, you'll find that your friends will be some of the best people to commiserate with.
- Travel. Sometimes, you just need to get away. One of the best tips for dealing with breaking up we can give is to get away from it all and give yourself a new perspective by going someplace you've never been before.
- Get a pet. Fill that empty hole in your life by getting yourself a furry friend! It's always nice to have a constant companion when you've lost someone dear to you. Getting a cat, dog, or even hamster is one of the best ways of dealing with breaking up we can suggest!
- Stay positive. You might feel like you got your heart wrenched from you chest, but it's important that you keep your head up. Don't capitalize on why she broke up with you, or your bad qualities. Keep yourself happy, and you'll see that dealing with breaking up is much, much easier.
- Reconnect with your family. You might not like them that much, but you should remember that your family is always, always going to be there for you. This counts double for when you're dealing with breaking up. E-mail your parents, or give your cousins a call to instantly make yourself feel better.
- Work out. Sometimes, it's easier to dull your emotional pain with physical duress. That being said, one of the best tips for dealing with breaking up is to hit the gym. Spend some time working on yourself to make yourself feel better and to kill a lot of time you'd otherwise spend alone.
- Avoid the rebound. The final tip for dealing with breaking up is to give yourself ample space before jumping into bed with someone else. It's tempting, yes, but an immediate rebound will only do bad things for you, emotionally. Either you'll be too depressed to really put any of yourself into the relationship, or so embittered that you end up treating them like total crap. Either way you slice it, it's a lose-lose situation.