10 Tips For Decorating Apartments For Men
Need 10 tips for decorating apartments for men? A man's apartment should be exactly that - a MAN'S apartment. It is important to remember this when and if decorating becomes an activity. The space in which one chooses to live has now become a space of personality. What is placed where, little details, the type of furniture chosen, color schemes, etc. all come into play when creative a successful decorating scheme for a man's apartment.
- A Subtle Reflection Of Self. Sports fan? Fashion Connoisseur? Don't shower the walls with Fatheads of favorite athletes. Rather, have a book shelf with items that remind you of the sport you favor. For example, have a vintage football on a well-lit shelf. A fashion connoisseur can have varying ties hung in a picture frame on a wall. The key is to remain subtle when reflecting your personality in a space.
- Color Schemes. Think about favorite colors. If blue is your favorite, that doesn't mean slap blue onto every wall. Perhaps choosing a lighter gray for the wall color then adding blue accents to the room will be the best way to approach the color scheme. For example, varying shades of blue colors and patterns in pillows, blue candles, blue lamp shades. These will all help the room to "read" blue, without it being obvious.
- Masculine Accents. This doesn't mean having weights laying in the middle of the living room floor. Masculine accents can mean a number of things. For example, a strong oak desk with touches of brushed silver knobs, or perhaps, a modern shaped chair that provides comfort and style.
- Personal Touch. Usually keeping a large bookshelf is a great idea. It is even better when it has track lighting inside of it to light all of the accent pieces that can be put into it. For a meaningful approach, perhaps placing and old photo of your great grandfather in a war uniform will help. These personal touches are a great way to start conversations with guests. They also make the space feel like home as opposed to a house.
- Texture. Texture can spice up any man's apartment. Texture can be found in the fabric of pillows, furniture, grains of wood, window treatments, anything. Texture is key in keeping a space interesting. The human eye loves to see variety and texture can provide that. For example, try having a tweed fabric couch with argyle pillows.
- Lighting. No matter what time of day it may be, lighting is essential to setting the mood in a space. Whether a night owl or early bird, human beings love light. Proper lighting can spell success in a space. For example, scented candles can serve two purposes. They smell fantastic and they provide beautiful lighting to any space. When placed in an appropriate spot, they can draw attention to any particular area.
- Gadgets. A fun gadget is a great way to start a conversation. Not only will be become a spark, but it can create physical and much more interesting interaction with guests. It shows a fun side to the apartment as well as displaying a form of intellect.
- Furniture Placement. Keep the furniture facing toward each other. The television can be placed somewhere on a wall, but let the furniture create the space as an intimate one.
- Artwork. This may seem cheesy, but artwork is an easy way to achieve emotional response and interest to an apartment. The eye is drawn to it. So make sure to pick a piece that not only lends itself to the apartment, but also remains sparks interpretive conversation.
- Keep It Clean. Decorations require maintenance. Dust the tops of bookshelves and the items in them. Make it a healthy habit to make the bed each day. Pick up anything off the floor. Keep items organized. These small tasks each day, will help in having a successfully decorated man's apartment.